Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
Fionabyrns
Fionabyrns began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Question Metadata not transferring to kindle paperwhite

I have tried finding a solution but seems I only find the opposite.
I use calibre and have my books mostly in ePub 1st. I then download metadata and update covers if needed. I then convert to mobi. I have chosen the option to add the metadata as a page, but when syncing with kindle I do not find this info. Any suggestions. I am always on the latest calibre version.
Fionabyrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Someone else with more knowledge of Kindle formats will need to chime in here, but I know that some ebook formats do not support this feature as they allow limited or no metadata to be saved inside the ebook file at all.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
way8lifter
Enthusiast
way8lifter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I had the same problem I found the problem was actually at Amazon ..I can't remember which setting ..but go to your amazon account and check around ( i may have found my answer by googling it )
way8lifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:42 AM   #4
Fionabyrns
Fionabyrns began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Thanks for the reply, but my books are not from amazon. I have noticed that if I send to ipad in ePub the info is availible.
Fionabyrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fionabyrns View Post
I then convert to mobi.
Try converting to AZW3 rather than mobi. AZW3 files carry the metadata like epub files. Your PaperWhite may need a firmware update to read AZW3, but it is definitely worthwhile.
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert