Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-22-2019, 06:28 PM   #1231
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
There is a reason, many of us use an INTAKE Library. We fuss and fiddle with that stuff, then add the finished product to the MAIN Library
I really should do that.

My problem is when I can't find a book in my "main" library which holds all the metadata, and then go to another older library to find said book and bring it into the main library. The metadata in that old book messes up the metadata in the main library. I would do the intake library, but (and this is embarrassing) I will forget which book I am looking for by the time I get there.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:34 AM   #1232
beluga438
beluga438 began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Muse
SIGIL plugin : Footnote Linker

(The relevant thread is closed – I don’t know if I am at the right place)

First : please excuse my english wich is not as good as I would like.

I have installed and ran Footnote Linker.
I have noticed the following problem :
In Sigil : I click Tools / Reports / Links
In the column « Match ? » there should be « Yes » on all lines but instead there is « no » or it is empty.

I think there is a problem in the endnotes.xhtml :
Eg : <p class="note" id="ftn1"><a class="noteSymbol" href="../Text….

I think the id="ftn1" should be positionned after the <a
<p class="note"><a id="ftn1" class="noteSymbol" href="../Text…

Then click Tools / Reports / Links : all the « Match ? » are now « yes »

Thank you for any help.
beluga438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2019, 08:38 AM   #1233
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by beluga438 View Post
(The relevant thread is closed – I don’t know if I am at the right place)
This is the calibre plugins forum. The forum for Sigil plugins is: (link)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:49 AM   #1234
beluga438
beluga438 began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Muse
Thank you. I go to the correct place
beluga438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:20 AM   #1235
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I really should do that.

My problem is when I can't find a book in my "main" library which holds all the metadata, and then go to another older library to find said book and bring it into the main library. The metadata in that old book messes up the metadata in the main library.
Rather than an intake library, I just have calibre tag all new books with a particular tag. When I get around to it, I go through books with that tag and fix them... adding metadata, adding cover if necessary, count pages, etc.. and remove the tag when all that is done. (Some books just get deleted before they get that far.)
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2019, 04:48 PM   #1236
JacopoTore
JacopoTore began at the beginning.

Device: none
Bookmark synchronization between computer and device. In this way it will be possible to read a book between the device and the computer at different times without having to search for bookmarks each time and thus lose a great deal of time ... the "highlights" and "notes" could also be automatically synchronized.
Any ideas / suggestions?
Thank you
I love calibre <3
JacopoTore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #1237
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacopoTore View Post
Bookmark synchronization between computer and device. In this way it will be possible to read a book between the device and the computer at different times without having to search for bookmarks each time and thus lose a great deal of time ... the "highlights" and "notes" could also be automatically synchronized.
Any ideas / suggestions?
Thank you
I love calibre <3
The problem is there is no standard way for devices to support bookmarks / notes or any similar items. What's more some devices store this info in locations that are inaccessible to calibre (in fact inaccessible to any access from the host where calibre is running)

Some devices are friendlier, for instance Kobo eReaders; others this data is accessible only when the device has been jail broken.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:03 PM   #1238
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The problem is there is no standard way for devices to support bookmarks / notes or any similar items. What's more some devices store this info in locations that are inaccessible to calibre (in fact inaccessible to any access from the host where calibre is running)

Some devices are friendlier, for instance Kobo eReaders; others this data is accessible only when the device has been jail broken.
Note, on the Kindle, the data is easily accessible as well (no jailbreak required). Problem is reverse engineering the mbp1 (mobi), azw3r (azw3) and yjr (kfx) files that the Kindle uses and converting them to a universal format (which as you mentioned does not exist).

Mind, for mobi and azw3, the offsets used for bookmarks and highlights appear to be Location * 150 (so maybe word count?).

*sigh* Really wish Calibre’s built-in viewer would add support for highlights soon.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 05-19-2019 at 11:49 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 06:04 AM   #1239
JacopoTore
JacopoTore began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

If someone created the plugin even for those devices that allow reading and accessing calibre, it would already be enough and a student / worker would be encouraged to buy and use a device with a more "free" policy.
JacopoTore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:53 PM   #1240
Belrix
Belrix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Easy swap of Title & Author?

For reasons that escape me, many of my title & author fields are reversed. It be great to just click a bunch of messed up ones, hit some sort of "SWAP" button & reverse all of these.

If it's here, I can't find it. Thoughts?

-B

...and I go into experiment and found where this has occurred in the main program since I last looked (which has been a while).

NVM!

Last edited by Belrix; 05-23-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Belrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 03:30 PM   #1241
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belrix View Post
For reasons that escape me, many of my title & author fields are reversed. It be great to just click a bunch of messed up ones, hit some sort of "SWAP" button & reverse all of these.

If it's here, I can't find it. Thoughts?

-B

...and I go into experiment and found where this has occurred in the main program since I last looked (which has been a while).

NVM!
Built in to Calibre already.
Select Books: Tap 'E' (Metadata edit Bulk mode): <look to the right side between Title and Authors
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:16 PM   #1242
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Columns Creator

A plugin that creates columns automatically for the current or multiple libraries based on user configuration to save time creating commonly used columns and assure standardization across libraries.

Id's- create standard id columns based on available id's in library.

Date and tags columns - date read, date added, genre

User saved columns- maybe a Goodreads or themes column

Also the plugin will add a unique identifier in the column names so that users will know which columns were created by the plugin. Helpful for multiple libraries where columns holding the same data are named/titled differently.

The Job Spy plugin shows the different columns in all libraries but this plugin can help create them.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:59 PM   #1243
saerne
saerne began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
new plugin for multiple series

Sometimes a book series has a spin-off. I would like to be able to put more than one series on the metadata of a book.

Examples: a said series has 5 books, then a new series start right on book number six. I usually just use a new name for the new series and restart the counting as if it was another series entirely, even if it could perfectly fit the first one and continue on from number six.

Recently, though, I faced a peculiar situation: there are two spin-offs of the same series, one of them starting after the "end" of the first one (exactly as I described before, with book 6 of the first series being book 1 of the new series), and the other spin-off starting in the midle of the series, and following it's chronology (number one of the new series being placed between numbers 3 and 4 of the first one, number two between numbers 4 and 5, and so on).

For this second case, firstly I tried to use the same series, but with numbers as [4.1], [5.1] and such, as if the books of the spin-off were novelas of the first series. But they were not novellas, and the spin-off series even had a different name! Then I realized that It would be so much better if I could enter two different series on the same book, each one with it's own numbering - This way, a book could be "series A [4.1]; series B [1]" at the same time!

I tried it a few different ways on the newest calibre update, but couldn't figure out a way for it to work. Then I search the help center for the first time, and again couldn't find out anything useful. So I decided to post a suggestion here, hoping to reach someone that can make Calibre even better!!

If this functionality already exists, or if a plug-in has already been created for it, I apologize. If this suggestion has been made before, I apologize too. I didn't find anything similar here, but I'm not experienced with foruns like this, and had never oppened this one before. If that's the case, can you direct me to the right thread, or teach me how to use the funcionality? Thank you very much!

Last edited by saerne; 08-01-2019 at 04:01 PM. Reason: It didn't have a title
saerne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:36 PM   #1244
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saerne View Post
If this functionality already exists, or if a plug-in has already been created for it, I apologize. If this suggestion has been made before, I apologize too. I didn't find anything similar here, but I'm not experienced with foruns like this, and had never oppened this one before. If that's the case, can you direct me to the right thread, or teach me how to use the funcionality? Thank you very much!
Moderator Notice

See ==>> Multiple Series

I also sent you a PM

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-01-2019 at 06:50 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:20 PM   #1245
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by saerne View Post
There is a plugin I haven't used in several years called Manage Series. Looking the in the Index of Plugins thread, the blurb for it says: UI plugin that offers a GUI for drag/drop or keyboard shortcut based management of your series columns (supports multiple series columns).
Particularly useful if you want a fast way to renumber/reorder or rename large series and preview the result.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe