Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-19-2019, 01:31 PM   #1
libre75
Enthusiast
libre75 began at the beginning.

Device: epub
Empty entries in the index

Hi guys, I ask for advice about an epub file that I created with sigil, some stores don't accept the file because they say there are empty entries in the index, I don't understand what I have to do exactly, the validator doesn't report errors, the code it's ok, can you help me?
libre75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
(this is not really a Sigil specific Q)
Index or Table of Contents?

If you auto-generated the TOC, you might have 'empty'
Code:
<h# ></h#>
pairs that generate no text in the TOC (use of empty H tags for spacing is so )
Code:
<h# title="your text is also valid"></h#>
<< might be used with a Graphic chapter heading that has no native text
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:07 PM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by libre75 View Post
[...] some stores don't accept the file because they say there are empty entries in the index
You'll have to be more specific and post the exact error messages that you've received from the stores.
Does your book actually contains index entries that were created with Sigil (Tools > Index > Create Index) or are you referring to the TOC? If so, are the error messages about toc.ncx or toc.xhtml?

Last edited by Doitsu; 06-20-2019 at 02:33 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote