Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-14-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
noxxle
Enthusiast
noxxle began at the beginning.

Warranty transferable?

Is the warranty on Sony's reader transferable? If I want to purchase an extended warranty, must I buy the reader through Sony's website?
noxxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I don't know if the warranty is transferable, but you do not have to buy the Reader from the Sony store to buy the extended warranty. I received my Reader as a Christmas gift. My family bought it from Circuit City (which is why I got the silver color rather than the blue I wanted). A couple of weeks after Christmas I called the Sony Store and purchased an extended warranty with accident protection without any problem.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
from Sony website

Quote:
5. Easy to Transfer Ownership - Should you wish to sell or give your Sony Care protected product to someone else, the balance of the service plan is transferable, without charge, to the new owner. Simply call 1-800-773-9667 and we will send you a transfer form.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote