Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-14-2021, 09:46 PM   #1
E.M.DuBois
Connoisseur
E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S9+
Nostalgia

I know this forum layout is probably the bare-bones basic layout and extremely common, but it reminds me so much of my days on the old Chat Avenue forums.

God, I remember wasting SO many hours reading over the threads there and contributing so many blogs. It was ALL crap, lol. The topics we argued about, the blogs we posts, the general useless opinions shared in the chatrooms... I swear, most of us had to be in our early- to mid-teens. Less than 5k currents users at any one time, and drama was all over the place.

I once got into a feud with someone who started using my tags to ape my popularity. I posted so many blogs to kick him out of the tag cloud and off the front page. People made drama over the littlest thing, and at 14, I was no exception.

I kinda miss it among having to pretend I'm a mature adult on a forum of more sophisticated writers than myself.

Last edited by E.M.DuBois; 11-15-2021 at 10:28 AM.
E.M.DuBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:13 AM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Nostalgia: listening to Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side in the days when the lyrics he sang were still seen as way out there. When Warhol's the factory was regarded as the utmost chic, and the lifestyle that went with the parties were aped and discussed in magazines worldwide.

Yes, I still get that sense of that era every time I hear (and dance to) Walk on the Wild Side. And the coloured girls go, do ..
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:03 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Nostalgia. Going to my paternal grandma's house (in Stillman Valley IL) for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. Not to mention we'd have a big family reunion picnic every summer. After grandma passed in 1982 we had one reunion picnic (early 2000's) with cousins from as far as England ranging in age from 8 months to 80+ yrs. It took 3 polaroid shots to get a family portrait of the group. Now everyone is either gone (the older generation) or scattered from one end of the country to the other. My only company this Thanksgiving day was little Scotty. He's not much for conversation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scotty on bed.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	190505  
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote