Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Google Books privacy concerns

Google Books has instituted a feature called 'Bookshelves.' Any book you have in your library will be placed on the 'Favorites' bookshelf automatically, and you can also place your books on various ones such as 'Read', 'Not read', etc, and others of your own designations.

What they don't tell you upfront is that your bookshelves are Public, can be viewed by others through your Google profile unless you opt out.

I don't have anything there I'd care if people know about, but I turned privacy on out of general principles. While I realize that 'sharing' and 'social networking' are the hot new buzzwords, I'm aghast at Google for sharing my stuff without my permission in the first place.

'Private' should be the default, not 'Public.'
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
...And some people wonder why I refuse to use any Google services involving a signup.
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert