Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
PREVIEW: Nationite MIDnite Xpress 4.1" WinCE MID + W1060 Review Update

Good evening everyone! I know my W1060 Review is late. I'm working very hard to finish it, and due to Thanksgiving festivities as well as some issues with Internet Explorer on the W1060, my review has been delayed a little longer than I expected. The good news is that it will be up tomorrow around noon Arizona time. Look for it then, and please accept my apologies for being late. The W1010 4.3" Slider review will be up about two days after this one. So let's talk about the MIDnite Xpress from MP4Nation! I really like the look of this device.

The MIDnite Xpress is based on a Chinese MID (Chuwi 3000) that was released a couple months ago but only in Chinese language. To be honest, before I received the W1010 4.3" Slider for review, I wasn't interested in a device with a smaller screen. My mind has been changed by a couple things. First, the screen on the W1010 is crystal clear and I can read just fine with it. Two, the form factor makes it easy to transport in any pocket. The resolution on the W1010 is 480x272 and the resolution on the MIDnite Xpress is 800x480, making the Xpress the clear winner for web browsing. Judging by the videos on the MP4Nation site, the device is speedy and the WinCE 5 implementation is flawless in English.

There are some great videos of the device here. Also, you can see a video of the device running the ColdSun Creations WinCE UI here (thanks to Raz at MP4Nation for the great video example of the UI). The videos go a long way for showing what this device can do. The device is on sale at MP4Nation right now for $149 (normally $169). MP4Nation is sending me a test unit for review, which means I'll be posting another review after the W1010. After that, there are more devices that I will be announcing for review soon.

Regards,
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Neat! I don't need one, I can't afford one, but it looks really neat
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2009, 11:54 PM   #3
rvdparis
Connoisseur
rvdparis doesn't litterrvdparis doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch + iPad 1 + iPhone 4
what is it?
rvdparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:19 AM   #4
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
This is an old fashioned PDA, and so will be good for ereading, videos, MP3 and internet. But at a better price and better battery longevity (compared to my old Cassiopeia anyway).

I would love one of these to replace my Onda. But as I have had my Onda for only 4 months I don't think I could justify it.... Yet....
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:33 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
While it's much bigger and I asume much faster than my PDA, I doubt the screen quality will even touch the one from my PDA. Which can be read inside and outside without problems...

I'm satisfied with my JE100 (for now) but would love a true tablet, one that runs a real windows (and not a CE). But has the form factor of these devices... (and the price, naturally!)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
moggler88
moggler88 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I don't think you will see a tablet running windows for that price, haha.

Its looks quite nice, but i think i will wait for coldsuns review before i make my mind up if i should get this or the V7.
moggler88 is offline   Reply With Quote