Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #1
mrmojorizing
mrmojorizing began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Koreader install help

Hi,

I want to install koreader on my aura hd. I already installed start menu.

I go to the link below and the instructions say

"Extract the koreader folder of the zip into the ".kobo" directory (both KoboRoot.tgz and the koreader.png file are only needed for the older installation based on Filemonitor. See below."

My question is: where do i get this zip file? I don't see a link to it on the github website.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...n-Kobo-devices
mrmojorizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:38 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Check the "Download" link on the left side of the page. This leads to https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Download which in turn gives two options; Nightly Builds --> https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases and Stable Release --> https://github.com/koreader/koreader...2014.04-stable

As to which one you want I have no idea.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2014, 10:43 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
There is also a nightly that is more current on the OTA server (version 734, today) It includes a number of new features. The server in the link above is the first one listed in the OTA Servers found in the top menu once you have Koreader running. The OTA is just a wireless update function. I would rather just download it to my PC and copy over/merge the Koreader folder using the Start Menu's USB function.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-28-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
If you go to the release page which Ken links to in his install guide, download the one that starts "Koreader-kobo" you'll get the latest. As of today that's version 758. I don't think there's a newer one out.

Edit: That's the same place PeterT links to for the nightly builds.

Last edited by JimMcLaren; 09-29-2014 at 01:26 PM. Reason: More info
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote