Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
centuryx476
centuryx476 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Content Server - Domain Name

Hello,

I have a question perhaps this has been answered before.
I have a win server2012 running and I have calibre installed with the content server running. I love having access to my books from outside my network but I tend to forget my external IP.
Is it possible for me to buy a domain name and when I do I can just type the domain name in and it points to the content server?

Will the content server work like that?

Thanks

PS

If this has been answered before please point me to that link because I cannot find it.
centuryx476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The content server doesn't care whether you access it with a domain name or an IP and note that you dont need to buy a domain there are various free services that provide domains.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
centuryx476
centuryx476 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The content server doesn't care whether you access it with a domain name or an IP and note that you dont need to buy a domain there are various free services that provide domains.
Ok then great.
I know their are free services but might as well buy one.
This software is my absolute favorite software. It has allowed me to read so many books and keep organized.
centuryx476 is offline   Reply With Quote