Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-17-2022, 05:07 AM   #1
Ligeard
Ligeard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Library Update

Hi there,
I'm sorry if I'm asking a very basic and simplistic question, but I can't find the answer.
New owner of a Kindle Parperwhite, I discover the pleasures of an e-reader.
My digital library had never been edited. Thank you Caliber for all the possibilities allowed.

However, I sent the books to my Kindle for the first time.
And I then proceeded to many editions of several books (cover, misinformed author, etc.) but these are the files on my computer.
Are modified books automatically updated on my eReader when I connect it via USB to my Mac?
Is it a "synchornize" option to enable?

I don't feel that is the case. It would be very helpful.
If not, should I delete the books from my Kindle and send them again?

Thanks
Ligeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 10:20 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
If you sideload via USB, then you'll have to send the modified file again, it won't sync automatically.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2022, 10:49 AM   #3
Ligeard

Ok thank you.
That's what I thought. Not very practical.
I've changed so many that I don't know which ones to resend.

Is there a method to have automatic synchronization? By email and no longer transfer by USB?

Thanks
Old 07-17-2022, 11:00 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeard View Post
Ok thank you.

Is there a method to have automatic synchronization? By email and no longer transfer by USB?

Thanks
If you send the files by email, you can sync reading progress between different devices, but if you modify the file on your computer, you'll still have to send it again.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 11:46 AM   #5
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
When you connect your Kindle via USB, Calibre can show you what's on the Kindle. You could take a screenshot of that, or write the book names down, so you know what to manually re-transfer again later.

I am not away of any automatic sync feature in Calibre. There may be some add-on extension that does this. There are a bazillion add-ons available.

Let your question sit here on the forums for a few days to give people time to answer, and maybe somebody with experience in this syncing area will be able to respond.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2022, 12:49 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Ok thank you.

Thanks
You can use the Reading List plugin to mark what books you want to send to your Kindle. But that's only via USB and not email. This can happen when you connect your Kindle to your library. So you don't have to remember to send them to your Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 02:02 PM   #7
Ligeard

Thank you for your answers.
I will follow your advice by taking a screenshot when my library contains new books.
And I will see the recommended plugin "Reading List".
In the meantime, I'm thinking of formatting my Kindle and sending everything again.

While in a few days a user will have another idea for synchronization.

Thank you good night