Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-21-2015, 11:59 PM   #16
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Love the first line. The rest is a bit wordy.
Welcome back.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:06 PM   #17
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Thanks. And thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2015, 08:52 AM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
It's for my suspense novel American Ballerina. Initially it was a blurb but I have decided to query agents with it and so I turned it into a query letter. Thanks.

Dear Agent,

Twenty-five-year-old Lily Russell moved to London, England, to make a fresh start. She’s managed to land a job as a secretary, but despite being out of shape and never having taken a ballet lesson in her life, she believes what she’s really destined to do is dance at the world-class Royal Ballet. Jeremy, her jealous ex-lover, scheming to get Lily back, fuels her fantasies.

Then one day riding the train, Lily meets a boxer pursuing a dream of his own. As well as being a hunk, Lily thinks Edmund might be able to help straighten out her delusional thinking. Before long she’s falling for him.

When Jeremy finds out Lily’s seeing Edmund, though, trouble’s sure to follow. But Lily would’ve never expected the shocking crime that changes everything—and implicates her. Now, with the police closing in, Lily desperately needs to separate what’s real from what’s fantasy. She embarks on a frantic search to find the one thing that can save her sanity and even her life—the truth.

Readers who like The Girl on the Train will enjoy this book, which is fully complete.

I have had short stories published in literary magazines, including Washington Square (under the pseudonym Drazen Bell). I live and write out of suburban Chicago.

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Gregg Bell

I think my version reads better. You may use it if you wish. If it's made into a film, however, a stipulation for its use is that you buy me a ticket, or at least the video.

Dear Agent,

Twenty-five-year-old Lily Russell McGonnigle moved to London, England, to make a fresh start as a paperclip saleslady. She’s managed to land a job, but finds the job quite challenging, even though she is out of shape and fat. Despite taking ballet lessons while wearing a moo-moo, being out of shape and being fat does not deter this wannabe dancer, who believes what she’s really destined to do is dance at the world-class X-Girls-XXX Club this coming Sunday night. Jeremy, Bob, Jose, Carlos, William, and Teresa – being Lily Russell McGonnigle’s ex-lovers last week - all scheme to steal her moo-moo, but they are thwarted by the Security Guards, who also have designs on her moo-moo.

Then one day, while disguised as a hobo riding the rails, Lily Russell McGonnigle meets a boxer with cauliflower ears, an 89-year-old who is also pursuing a dream of his own. As well as being a hunk, Lily Russell McGonnigle thinks Edmund is also a hunk, someone who might be able to help straighten out her delusional thinking as a former paperclip saleslady turned topless moo-moo dancer. While practicing the Samba, she falls for Edmund; but, in falling, she breaks her left leg. While convalescing, she meets Dr. Penzdance, a former dancer at an all-male bottom-less club, but who is now a world-renowned Doctor. Talk about a happy ending!

I can write more, if you need it. Just say the word. But don't forget my ticket! Or video!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-23-2015 at 09:02 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:28 AM   #19
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I think my version reads better. You may use it if you wish. If it's made into a film, however, a stipulation for its use is that you buy me a ticket, or at least the video.

Dear Agent,

Twenty-five-year-old Lily Russell McGonnigle moved to London, England, to make a fresh start as a paperclip saleslady. She’s managed to land a job, but finds the job quite challenging, even though she is out of shape and fat. Despite taking ballet lessons while wearing a moo-moo, being out of shape and being fat does not deter this wannabe dancer, who believes what she’s really destined to do is dance at the world-class X-Girls-XXX Club this coming Sunday night. Jeremy, Bob, Jose, Carlos, William, and Teresa – being Lily Russell McGonnigle’s ex-lovers last week - all scheme to steal her moo-moo, but they are thwarted by the Security Guards, who also have designs on her moo-moo.

Then one day, while disguised as a hobo riding the rails, Lily Russell McGonnigle meets a boxer with cauliflower ears, an 89-year-old who is also pursuing a dream of his own. As well as being a hunk, Lily Russell McGonnigle thinks Edmund is also a hunk, someone who might be able to help straighten out her delusional thinking as a former paperclip saleslady turned topless moo-moo dancer. While practicing the Samba, she falls for Edmund; but, in falling, she breaks her left leg. While convalescing, she meets Dr. Penzdance, a former dancer at an all-male bottom-less club, but who is now a world-renowned Doctor. Talk about a happy ending!

I can write more, if you need it. Just say the word. But don't forget my ticket! Or video!

Muumuu.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:34 AM   #20
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Muumuu.

Depends on how you say 'moo'.

Spelling noted, however.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Gregg, the final arbiter.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2015, 11:43 AM   #21
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:

Dear Agent,

Most wonderful thing I have read except I thought they were last night's not last week's lovers.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:27 AM   #22
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Dear Agent,

You need therapy.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:45 AM   #23
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
You need therapy.
He's getting it. He was told that he needs to get such thoughts out in the open where they could be studied, and what could be more open than here?
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 12:07 PM   #24
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:

Anyway, here's the latest version.

If it helps, the second version made me want to read the book whereas the original didn't spark any interest.
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:19 AM   #25
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I agree the second one is good.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:59 PM   #26
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
He's getting it. He was told that he needs to get such thoughts out in the open where they could be studied, and what could be more open than here?
Ha!!!