Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-14-2014, 08:12 AM   #691
dovy
dovy began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE
right, i charged as best as i could, but now it wont even be detected. it just says waiting for device. it might be because it doesnt go into downloader mode
dovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:22 AM   #692
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovy View Post
right, i charged as best as i could, but now it wont even be detected. it just says waiting for device. it might be because it doesnt go into downloader mode
give us the **specific details** of how you are trying to switch this Kindle into "downloader mode".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2014, 08:36 AM   #693
dovy

hold power slider for at least 30 secs, then press volume down button, then release slider, then release volume button.

its a shame that the program lets me press next, even though maybe i didnt do it properly. there could be a confirmation
Old 06-14-2014, 08:50 AM   #694
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovy View Post
hold power slider for at least 30 secs, then press volume down button, then release slider, then release volume button.
That sounds correct to me. It **should** be working.
(unless volume button is broken - which has happened)
Old 06-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #695
dovy

so when it goes into dloader mode correctly, should screen change or at least flicker?
Advert
Old 06-14-2014, 09:55 AM   #696
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
no IIRC. it has zero screen impact.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #697
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
no IIRC. it has zero screen impact.
Correct.
None of the SoC devices are running except the uart (and RAM).
Old 06-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #698
aryeh
aryeh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi,
I could use some help in debricking a PW2. Where should I post the question? I'm willing to send the device to anyone who could fix it and sent it back. Thanks
aryeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #699
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryeh View Post
Hi,
I could use some help in debricking a PW2. Where should I post the question? I'm willing to send the device to anyone who could fix it and sent it back. Thanks
For a PW2 - your best choice is Amazon - -
It should still be in warranty, tell them it's "broke" and get it exchanged.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:42 PM   #700
aryeh
aryeh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks, but isn't there a moral problem with doing that?
aryeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #701
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryeh View Post
Thanks, but isn't there a moral problem with doing that?
Why?
It is broke, you broke it.

It is up to you if you want to volunteer the information that it is your own fault.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:04 AM   #702
erikkri
erikkri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hi,

I have a kindle with a screen that is not working, it's obviously broken enough that this debrick does not fix it.

Thought I'd just add some info for other people that might have similar problems as me:

The CD works great with a 2011 Macbook Pro 15", but not with a Mid 2012 Macbook Air 11".

If you have a a broken screen like me and want to turn on USBNet on a Kindle 4, you have to press: 8 down, center, 8 down center, 1 down, center, right.
(I found the screenshots on google image search and counted)

Well now I have a jailbroken Kindle with screen that is not working Guess I'll have to order a new one on Amazon.
erikkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:14 AM   #703
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikkri View Post
- - - -
Well now I have a jailbroken Kindle with screen that is not working
Guess I'll have to order a new one on Amazon.
That is probably a good choice if the screen is indeed broken since the K4 is the model which is glued together.

Please give a bit more detail than "screen is broke" - it may not be as broken as you think it is.
A description of what you see / how it acts will help -
So would a pic. of the display.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:38 PM   #704
erikkri
erikkri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
The screen is frozen and looks like this:

erikkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #705
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup, broken.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote