Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
YugiDad
YugiDad began at the beginning.

Device: blackberry
Help with first MobiPocket ebook creation

Hi All,

I am trying to create an indexed listing (using the dictionary format) of cards with the lookup based on the card name and each entry having several pieces of information about the card. When I run the Mobipocket Creator it creates the ebook but when I use "lookup a word" under the contents menus I get the error

Could not open C:\path to file (window.index_search(",'Alphabetical lookup'," 'none'))

I am guessing this is an easy fit but I do not know enough HTML to be sure.

Based on their website I have this code at the top of the text file

<html>
<head>
<title>Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Reference</title>
</head>
<body>
<guide> <reference type="Find" title="Look Up Word" onclick= "index_search('', 'Alphabetical lookup', '', 'none')" /> </guide>

thanks for any help
YugiDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YugiDad View Post
<html>
<head>
<title>Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Reference</title>
</head>
<body>
<guide> <reference type="Find" title="Look Up Word" onclick= "index_search('', 'Alphabetical lookup', '', 'none')" /> </guide>

thanks for any help
Assuming you're looking at this page: http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...e=indexing.htm

Then (unless I've missed someting) you've got the syntax of the reference entry badly wrong.

Something like

<reference type="Find" title="Look Up Word" onclick= "index_search()"/>

seems to be what you need.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert