Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 01:31 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Fire OS 5.4.0.1 Update

Yesterday, I updated my Fire 7 (2015) from 5.4.0.0 to 5.4.0.1 with no problems. I then attempted to do the same thing for my son's Fire 7 (2015) and it wouldn't update. Then I tried my Fire HD6 (2014) and it wouldn't update either. Just before posting this, I tried both of them again and still no go. They both remain at 5.4.0.0.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-13-2017 at 01:38 AM. Reason: typo
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2017, 03:37 AM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3 [White], Amazon Phone & Fire 10 & Kobo Aura [6"]Kindle Fire 7" 20
My 10" Fire is still at 5.4.0.0
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:06 PM   #3
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire Phone, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, Fire HD8 (2017)
The watched pot doesn't boil. My Fire HD8 2017 updated August 26. It should be available for download on the support pages before too long.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:35 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
What I find strange is that I have two identical tablets; one updates and the other one doesn't.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:56 PM   #5
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire Phone, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, Fire HD8 (2017)
They may want to let updates go out slowly at first to mitigate risk of regression, and only push it more broadly once they have some of us try it out. If there are some issues that crop up they can stop pushing the update until they have a solution and have limited the 'damage' so to speak. That's probably why it is not yet available for download - they are just trying to make sure.

As to how they determine which devices to push it to of those which are available, who knows? But probably they are looking for a representative sample of the installed base.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote