Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-29-2009, 08:56 AM   #1
George
Enthusiast
George began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/iPhone - PRS 600
Wait For Xmas or Buy Now...?

I've decided to buy the 600. I was just wondering if it's worthwhile waiting for some Xmas special thanks to or whether it's useless waiting as they will not be discounted being so close to its launch?

George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
The-eBook-Reader
Groupie
The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: All
I'd say give it a go now, George. It isn't likely the PRS-600 will go down any in price for Xmas. Think of all the good books you could read between now and then .
The-eBook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
Depends on whether you want the device now or not Don't think you will save a lot by waiting. But then I have no idea how things are in Australia
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
amaggie05
amaggie05 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-600
I myself just decided to go for PRS-600. I'd say buy now and enjoy it right away. otherwise you may start debating between different readers and go through all the reviews and post all over again. that happens to me quite often to be honest.
amaggie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I'd say buy now too - that way you have a couple more months of reading on it than if you wait
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
The only real reason to wait would be if you wanted to see the Sony Daily Edition before deciding a which one to buy. If you are set to buy the 600 then go for it now. If there are any deals near xmas you may only save $20 - $30.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
George
Enthusiast

Who am I to argue with you lot. Placing an order today then. I suspected it would be too soon to see a decent price drop. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:46 PM   #8
George
Enthusiast

Just placed my order via Amazon. Got fed up of trying to find a store that would ship both an original cover and a reader. Some places would ship the reader but not the cover because of warranty restrictions. I found that hilarious. Others wouldn't ship either and yet others didn't have a cover. I'm sure I would prefer to just hold the unit anyway.

Thanks again for pushing me gently over the edge.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #9
shineofleo
shineofleo began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-600
I am an evil man, so I will say BUY NOW!

shineofleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:14 AM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Just placed my order via Amazon. Got fed up of trying to find a store that would ship both an original cover and a reader. Some places would ship the reader but not the cover because of warranty restrictions. I found that hilarious. Others wouldn't ship either and yet others didn't have a cover. I'm sure I would prefer to just hold the unit anyway.

Thanks again for pushing me gently over the edge.
Great stuff - be sure to let us know how you like it when it arrives (after you've had a chance to play with it, of course!)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #11
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
I'd say buy now, but I see you've already bought it! (Congratulations. By the way, I agree with The-eBook-Reader, it's quite unlikely that the PRS-600 will have discounts, maybe the PRS-300 but not the Touch!)
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote