Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Singapore library login?

I am a member of Singapore digital library. Last time I logged in was a couple of weeks ago. When I tried going there today the login screen was different and I wasn't able to log in.
As I remember it I have used my passport number and username before, but now it asks for username and password.
Anyone else having success or not?
I know Overdrive is doing some sort of reorganization tonight and tomorrow, but I doubt that is why I can't log in.
If they have limited the use for us non-residents I'm perfectly fine with that. I think they were way to generous before. I'm still curious though!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
I was just about to post a similar thread. I'm not able to log in, either.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
This happened before a while back, didn't it ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Same thing happened to me. On their website it said that their digital stuff won 't be available on 7th and 8th. Hope it gets back in time for me to checkout my reserved book.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:38 AM   #5
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
They have changed the login screen so you have to use your existing user name and a password. The passport number is no longer used.
I sent an email to help desk to reset my password so I can login and it allows you to log in to the eresources site on their website but not to log in to the overdrive library.
I am guessing that only Singapore residents and those studying/working in Singapore can now access the overdrive library.
I guess the party is over for me as there are no online library where I live
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 05:55 AM   #6
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Is it possible to get an account in the Singapore library if you don't have a passport?
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:15 AM   #7
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
They have changed the login screen so you have to use your existing user name and a password. The passport number is no longer used.
I sent an email to help desk to reset my password so I can login and it allows you to log in to the eresources site on their website but not to log in to the overdrive library.
I am guessing that only Singapore residents and those studying/working in Singapore can now access the overdrive library.
I guess the party is over for me as there are no online library where I live
Oh - I hope that's not the case.
That was the only decent eLibrary I had access to. Maybe it's just a temporary glitch...I hope.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #8
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
caleb72 at least you have the Melbourne library service at http://melbourne.lib.overdrive.com. Stupid Newcastle council have decided they don't want to go the overdrive way
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #9
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Our online services will not be available from from 07-Feb-2012 (Tue) 10:00pm to 08-Feb-2012 (Wed) 04:00 am due to system maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
calibrated
Zealot
calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire w/Aldiko
Having the same problem here, but local time in Singapore is currently 12:40 AM, which is within the downtime window referenced above.

I hope this doesn't signal a change of availability, because I just got a notice that a book I placed on hold is now available. Guess I'll have to check back in a few hours and see what's up.
calibrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #11
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
My attempts were from several hours before that announced downtime.
The thing is that there is a completely different login screen now.
I went to the signup page to see what was required for a new account, and it now says that non-residents can get account, but only access it from a terminla in one of the library branches (or something similar). I don't recall that limitation was around when I signed up, so there might be a policy change.
I think Free Library Philadelphia still accepts non-resident meberships for a $35 yearly fee. Maybe an alternative? I have borrowed quite a few books there in the year I have been a member.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #12
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 6p, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I think Free Library Philadelphia still accepts non-resident meberships for a $35 yearly fee. Maybe an alternative? I have borrowed quite a few books there in the year I have been a member.
Yes they still do. I just renewed my membership for $35. All the towns around where I live participate in the Houston area overdrive but of course not the town I live in so I sure hope the Free Library of Philadelphia doesn't change their policy anytime soon.
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #13
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Oh bummer. . Maybe it will be possible to use it after the maintainance is finished... ( What? I can always hope)
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #14
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Ah well, that's my library source dried up. I've only borrowed about a dozen books in total but it was handy to use from time to time.... I think I'll have a long wait for my local library to move with the times too :-(
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #15
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
oh bummer, looks as though that's it for me too, no elibraries here. I've just been trying again and still no joy. I'll try Philadelphia maybe when I've got over the shock. Guess I can try for a password and see what happens first.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote