Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2018, 05:54 AM   #856
the_Pan
Enthusiast
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Aura One / Kobo Aura H2O / Kindle Voyage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
The name of the patch you need to enable is Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen.
This is REALLY cool, thank you guys!!!
Merry christmas to all of you!
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:58 PM   #857
El Duderino
#hilakleiner
El Duderino began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura (2013)
Hey guys, got the latest Nickel FW on an original Aura. Is the latest version of this mod in the OP? Thanks!
El Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2018, 05:41 PM   #858
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
Hey guys, got the latest Nickel FW on an original Aura. Is the latest version of this mod in the OP? Thanks!
As far as I know, if it is the same as the one at kobo-nightmode_build13.zip, it will work.

OTOH, I would suggest using the patch available at Instructions for patching firmware 4.12.12111. Look for "Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen" in the libnickel.so.0.0 patch set.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:21 PM   #859
RobertJSawyer
Evangelist
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Aura, Mini; Kindle PaperWhite
The difference between the patch this thread we're currently in talks about and the invert patch as part of the overall firmware patches (which @DNSB linked to) is this:

The patch in this current thread includes a user-editable nightmode.ini file, in which you can set a value for how often the screen is refreshed that's different from the one used in normal mode. On my Kobo Clara HD, refreshing the screen every chapter is fine in regular-video day mode, and that's what I leave it set at on my Reading Settings menu. But I get severe ghosting if I refresh anything less than every page turn in inverse-video night mode, and so I have "refreshScreenPages = 1" set in nightmode.ini.

Thus, with the patch in this thread, while actually using the ereader, I only have to toggle one thing -- invert mode -- to both invert the screen AND change to the appropriate screen-refresh value; using the libnickel patch DNSB refers to requires having to toggle invert mode AND THEN also manual changing screen-refresh.

For the patch provided in this current thread we're in now, I set the toggle value to 100% brightness, and the timeout delay of 1 second. It's a very quick maneuver to slide the brightness indicator all the way to the right then after just a second, once night-mode has toggled on or off, to move it back to a lower level.

My nightmode.ini looks like this:

Code:
# config file for kobo-nightmode

[state]
invertActive = no
retainStateOverRestart = no

[control]
longPressDurationMS = 800
debug=no

[nightmode]
refreshScreenPages = 1

[brightness]
1percentPatch = yes
timeout = 1
100 = toggleNightMode

Last edited by RobertJSawyer; 01-07-2019 at 03:24 PM.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:16 AM   #860
ploum
Connoisseur
ploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks for raising the overall firmware patches. I*didn't know it existed, it's very interesting.

One thing I*like about the night mode patch we are talking about here is that the 1% brightness is slightly lower than the default 1% brightness (I find Kobo way too bright. I never ever go above 8% of brightness). Do you know if this feature is also in the overall firmware patch ?
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch