Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2016, 04:30 AM   #46
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Maybe putting the "book" on a special shelf could help. Or you try a completely different way to toggle between day and night mode.

That's what I did in the end. I used 100 % brightness as the toggle signal, since I'm never using 100 % brightness and it's easier to just slide it up to 100 instead of trying to set it exactly to, for example, 3 %. I also discovered the function of sweeping the finger on the left side of the panel up and down to change brightness instantly.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:56 AM   #47
suffuse
suffuse began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hello,

I follow the instruction and tested it on my KA1 twice but it ended up covering half of my screen. Did I miss anything out? Please advise. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	452
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	156613  
suffuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:59 AM   #48
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffuse View Post
Hello,

I follow the instruction and tested it on my KA1 twice but it ended up covering half of my screen. Did I miss anything out? Please advise. Thanks!
If you used the nightmode package from the start of this thread it will not work properly with any firmware version later than 4.2.something (sorry, I forget the exact number). You need to get the version discussed at the end of the main nightmode thread.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:12 AM   #49
suffuse
suffuse began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If you used the nightmode package from the start of this thread it will not work properly with any firmware version later than 4.2.something (sorry, I forget the exact number). You need to get the version discussed at the end of the main nightmode thread.
Alright, I will do so. Thanks for the info
suffuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:05 PM   #50
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Is it possible to make a version working with latest firmware?
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:29 PM   #51
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
Is it possible to make a version working with latest firmware?
message #1

Enviat des del meu MI 4S usant Tapatalk
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:39 AM   #52
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
message #1

Enviat des del meu MI 4S usant Tapatalk
Still buggy to me I got some database corruption incalibre
Aura one 4.6.10075

Can't make this ... mode properly working eather with your fmon method or with brightness percentage

Probably my fault somewhere, but can't understand where

Last edited by stanlefor; 11-29-2017 at 06:58 AM.
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:31 PM   #53
joedy
joedy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I can confirm that this works on my Kobo Aura One with software release 4.12.12111

Thank you for putting this together. I consider my Kobo perfect with the nightmode.

-joedy
joedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:30 PM   #54
ebok
ebok began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy View Post
I can confirm that this works on my Kobo Aura One with software release 4.12.12111

Thank you for putting this together. I consider my Kobo perfect with the nightmode.

-joedy

Hi, I've tried this multiple times but I can't get it to work. Can you tell me where you got the files? I'm not using the install file from the initial post but the one in the middle of the forums called "nightmode+reboot+koreader KoboRoot.zip".

I copy nightmode.png and reboot.png to the root directory and check to see if it both are viewable by opening them. After that, I copy the KoboRoot directory to .kobo. I test the nightmode.png file but it does nothing. I power cycle the KA1 and try it again but it doesn't work. I'm on the latest update.
ebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:44 AM   #55
joedy

I used the .rar file listed in the first post.

Here are the steps that I did. (If you're using a Mac computer like me, when you click on the Kobo desktop icon after connecting it to the computer, you won't see the hidden folders at first. Press COMMAND, SHIFT and PERIOD on your keyboard to show them.)

I copied the single .PNG image file to the root folder. There isn't a folder called "root"; it's just the first main window that you will see when you open your Kobo icon from the desktop.

Disconnect/Eject the Kobo reader.

Do a reboot. (Hold down power button from main Kobo library window until it reboots.)

Once the Kobo reboots, open the .PNG file. The Kobo thinks that it is a "book" and will show it in your library. When you open it, it will just display like a book cover, but won't do anything else.

Connect the Kobo again and click on the Kobo icon from the desktop. Now, copy the second file contained in the .rar file from the first post. The second file is called "KoboRoot.tgz" You will copy this file to the root folder just like the .PNG file.

Disconnect/Eject again. Software reset again.

Once you're back in business, nothing will have appeared to change. The .PNG file will still be in your library. Now, though, when you click on the image file (like you were going to "read" it), the Kobo will shift to nightmode.

The image file serves as an "application launcher" to enable and disable nightmode.

Hopefully these steps will help you out. For reference, I don't have any other modifications running. I bought my Kobo used and the previous owner did a factory reset before selling it to me. When I logged in, the Kobo downloaded the most recent software automatically after I signed in with my account.

It took me a few tries initially since the original post wasn't very clear (at least it wasn't very clear to me.)

I've had nightmode on my other Kobo for years now and can't imagine how to get by without it. The combination of nightmode, dimmed light and the yellow/orange tinting makes it an ideal reader for me when I read at night in bed while my wife sleeps. I initially tried the orange-only (non-nightmode) dimmed down to 1% and while it was better than my other Kobo (which only has cold blue tint), I found the Aura One to still be too "bright" to me. It may have just been an illusion since the screen is so much larger, but it was still much more light that was comfortable to me in a dark room.

-joedy
Old 01-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #56
ebok
ebok began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy View Post
I used the .rar file listed in the first post.

Here are the steps that I did. (If you're using a Mac computer like me, when you click on the Kobo desktop icon after connecting it to the computer, you won't see the hidden folders at first. Press COMMAND, SHIFT and PERIOD on your keyboard to show them.)

I copied the single .PNG image file to the root folder. There isn't a folder called "root"; it's just the first main window that you will see when you open your Kobo icon from the desktop.

Disconnect/Eject the Kobo reader.

Do a reboot. (Hold down power button from main Kobo library window until it reboots.)

Once the Kobo reboots, open the .PNG file. The Kobo thinks that it is a "book" and will show it in your library. When you open it, it will just display like a book cover, but won't do anything else.

Connect the Kobo again and click on the Kobo icon from the desktop. Now, copy the second file contained in the .rar file from the first post. The second file is called "KoboRoot.tgz" You will copy this file to the root folder just like the .PNG file.

Disconnect/Eject again. Software reset again.

Once you're back in business, nothing will have appeared to change. The .PNG file will still be in your library. Now, though, when you click on the image file (like you were going to "read" it), the Kobo will shift to nightmode.

The image file serves as an "application launcher" to enable and disable nightmode.

Hopefully these steps will help you out. For reference, I don't have any other modifications running. I bought my Kobo used and the previous owner did a factory reset before selling it to me. When I logged in, the Kobo downloaded the most recent software automatically after I signed in with my account.

It took me a few tries initially since the original post wasn't very clear (at least it wasn't very clear to me.)

I've had nightmode on my other Kobo for years now and can't imagine how to get by without it. The combination of nightmode, dimmed light and the yellow/orange tinting makes it an ideal reader for me when I read at night in bed while my wife sleeps. I initially tried the orange-only (non-nightmode) dimmed down to 1% and while it was better than my other Kobo (which only has cold blue tint), I found the Aura One to still be too "bright" to me. It may have just been an illusion since the screen is so much larger, but it was still much more light that was comfortable to me in a dark room.

-joedy
ebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:20 PM   #57
Grahamk
Grahamk doesn't litterGrahamk doesn't litter

Device: Kobo One
When I unrar the KoboNightMode rar file I get the “night mode” icon and a “KoboRoot.tgz rar” file. Do I have to unrar this before putting it on my Aura One.
Thanks for your help.
Grahamk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:40 AM   #58
joedy

No. I made the mistake of trying to Unrar the "KoboRoot.tgz" file.

It won't work that way.

Just upload (without extracting) the complete "KoboRoot.tgz" file into the root directory.

-joedy
Old 02-08-2019, 11:16 AM   #59
Grahamk

Thanks
Old 02-08-2019, 02:11 PM   #60
Grahamk

Do you put both files in the “.kobo” folder which is in the first folder which has your books etc. Because putting those files in the first folder didn’t work for me.
Thanks
Ok. Figured it out.

Last edited by Grahamk; 02-08-2019 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Not needed.