Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 04:43 AM   #1
zaoqi
github.com/zaoqi
zaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Boox c67ml,Note S,Max2,KT3,KPW4,Kobo AurdHD,Touch N905C
Android Firmware for Kindle

Someone bought Android for Kindle.There are some information about it.
Tutorial: http://kdroid.org/firmware/kindle/ki...%E6%9C%BA.html
Firmware: http://kdroid.org/
He gave the seller his serial number, so I think the activation code is calculated by the serial number.
His activation code: KKNB JLMK LQYI
Is there a way to modify the serial number of the Kindle?

Last edited by zaoqi; 01-12-2019 at 05:58 AM.
zaoqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:14 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That would be fraudulent.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2019, 09:34 AM   #3
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7
Connoisseur
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: PW4 32GB (G000 T607) 5.12.3
I am unhappy enough that I have to use Amazon's firmware.

I definitely would not want to be using Chinese replacement firmware that's also Android.

> Is there a way to modify the serial number of the Kindle?

Possibly, you'll need root for sure for that and I don't imagine you'll get much help on this forum.

Don't PM me about it, because I have no clue.

Last edited by 3QVKwyNT9hR849t7; 01-12-2019 at 09:36 AM.
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:47 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaoqi View Post
Someone bought Android for Kindle.There are some information about it.
Tutorial: http://kdroid.org/firmware/kindle/ki...%E6%9C%BA.html
Firmware: http://kdroid.org/
He gave the seller his serial number, so I think the activation code is calculated by the serial number.
His activation code: KKNB JLMK LQYI
Is there a way to modify the serial number of the Kindle?
Please read the guidelines (link at bottom of every page), section 8, second paragraph.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:02 AM   #5
fezzzza
fezzzza began at the beginning.

Device: KT, K3W
Looks interesting. Maybe you missed the instructions that I found here. Sadly no firmware there for my KT or K3W.

http://kdroid.org/firmtest/droid/dro...%e9%aa%a4.html

I'm using Google Translate to translate into English and I see lots of "Brush" references. I think maybe "Brush" is a mistranslation of "Kindle"?

I would be quite interested to see how this works out.
fezzzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2019, 07:03 AM   #6
WaseemAlkurdi
Zealot
WaseemAlkurdi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (K5) Wi-Fi x 2, Kindle (7th Gen, KT2), Paperwhite 3rd Gen
So isn't anybody interested in how they actually got Android running on the Kindle, something that has been something of a holy grail of this forum?
WaseemAlkurdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:02 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
It is in pre-production testing at Amazon/Lab126 now and has been for several years.
Plus, this forum's members are strongly for the Open Source movement.
Failure to disclose @ this forum will earn you silence at best, you don't want to know about the worse.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:58 AM   #8
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It is in pre-production testing at Amazon/Lab126 now and has been for several years.
I wonder if that project developed the firmware running on the Chinese Kindle Migu X device that came out in 2017. It runs a stripped down version of Android on e-ink Kindle hardware. There are only two built in apps, the Kindle e-book reader and the Migu e-book reader.

The firmware is available here.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 03:04 PM   #9
WaseemAlkurdi
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I wonder if that project developed the firmware running on the Chinese Kindle Migu X device that came out in 2017. It runs a stripped down version of Android on e-ink Kindle hardware. There are only two built in apps, the Kindle e-book reader and the Migu e-book reader.

An 8th gen Kindle (KT3) running an Android build.
Sweet.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:23 AM   #10
WaseemAlkurdi
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post

http://fireos-eink-src.s3.amazonaws...._643575320.bin
Note the following:
- "Fire OS E Ink" in the URL
- The version number (not the "fake" 5.7.2.7, but the "real" 6.4.3 in the URL)
Any thoughts?
Old 11-24-2019, 01:20 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
IIRC, anything with a major > 5 is consistent with the usual FireOS version scheme, as far back as the original Fire tablet.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:55 AM   #12
WaseemAlkurdi
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
IIRC, anything with a major > 5 is consistent with the usual FireOS version scheme, as far back as the original Fire tablet.
That still leaves the suspicious "Fire OS E-Ink" in the URL :-)
Old 11-26-2019, 07:52 AM   #13
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaseemAlkurdi View Post
That still leaves the suspicious "Fire OS E-Ink" in the URL :-)
What is suspicious about it?

Fire OS is Amazon's custom Android variant and this firmware is android on a Kindle running only specific apps for the Chinese market.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote