Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
_noel_
_noel_ began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 4 32GB
Regex help: Edit Meta Search & Replace: Pad with zero

Hi all,

I want to do a "Edit Meta Info" bulk operation.
How do I pad the "Replace with" outcome "\1" outcome with zeros ?
tried several things, to pad the series_index with zeros, but it does not work ... is it possible at all ?

Regards
Eberhard

PS: searched the forum since hours, but all solutions I found work only with templates ...
_noel_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by _noel_ View Post
Hi all,

I want to do a "Edit Meta Info" bulk operation.
How do I pad the "Replace with" outcome "\1" outcome with zeros ?
tried several things, to pad the series_index with zeros, but it does not work ... is it possible at all ?

Regards
Eberhard

PS: searched the forum since hours, but all solutions I found work only with templates ...
Internally, Calibre stores series_index as floating point (and sorts as floating point. no need to pad here).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
_noel_

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Internally, Calibre stores series_index as floating point (and sorts as floating point. no need to pad here).
I know that, but I want to store the Series and series_index info into the title field. I know, that this is a workaround, but on the ipad, there is no reader, which handles series info. I get my books with bicbucstriim server to my ipad, so the only chance to see series info in megareader app (after downloading, not during browsing with bicbucstriim) is to store the series info in the title.
So I want to pad the series_index with zeros ... is it possible ?

Regards
Eberhard

An app like Calibre on the ipad ... a "ipad ebook db" ,would be marvelous ...
Old 11-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Use template as the source field and title as the destination. Enter a template that generates the string you want including the leading zeros.

Last edited by chaley; 11-26-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: grammar
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
_noel_

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Use template as the source field and title as the destination. Enter a template that generates the string you including the leading zeros.
You made my day !
Thanks a
Eberhard
Advert