Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-30-2017, 02:46 PM   #1
grobinson
grobinson began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
Using Caliber with the latest IOS

Hi,

I used to happily use Calibre and sync to itunes.

Now of course I can no longer do this.

My current workaround is to sync to a OneDrive folder, and from there, open in iBooks.

This is bit clunky but usable.

The only real problem is being able to view my books in iBooks by category, where category is the series. I have managed to work out that ibooks uses the tags, so if if overwrite the tags with the series in Calibre, the grouping works.

What though I cannot do is work out a way of using the series_index to get the books in the right order (which the sync with iTunes used to do).

So, 2 questions:

1. How do I include the index?
2. How, in Calibre, can I then mass update the metadata to overwrite the tags with the series and index?

Many thanks,
grobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:09 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Another possibility is to not use iBooks, but one of the many OPDS compatible ereader apps on iOS. These would then be able to interface directly to Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2017, 08:20 PM   #3
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
I actually prefer using iBooks are my reader as well but I would use Calibre Companion (CC) instead of OneDrive, iTunes and all the indexing you are trying to do. CC talks with caliber and you can sort various ways, book blurbs, read or not etc... and store the books on the device in CC if the files aren't too large (I use differently for comics). When you want to read something, open in iBooks and it will sync your other devices as well. Delete when finished reading, but you can always open again if needed from CC.

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote