Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #16
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
When you do charge it, make sure it is a full FOUR hours uninterrupted. Also, if the meter is not accurate, give it an overnight charge.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #17
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
I remember reading that the meter needs to be calibrated after the first couple of charges to be accurate. Try, after a full charge, unplugging it then re-starting it.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #18
Ekdog
Connoisseur
Ekdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with others

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
@Siramu and Bricorn: Thanks for the tips. I'm charging it now and will restart it in four hours. If that doesn't work, I'll charge it overnight.
Ekdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #19
Ekdog
Connoisseur
Ekdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with others

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Well, it's been nine days now and, after the full charge and restart, I've been reading as usual but have kept the wireless on 24/7 in order to run the battery down faster. There is now an exclamation point in the battery icon--which shows almost no charge left--and I've received a message warning me that the battery is low, so it looks like my K3 is now functioning normally. Thanks so much to all for the sage advice.

Time to charge her back up...

Last edited by Ekdog; 04-12-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Ekdog is offline   Reply With Quote