Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Kobo review(s) at Amazon.com

You can actually buy a Kobo through Amazon, though not directly from them. Which means that you can write a review of the Kobo that appears on Amazon.

When I checked, the Kobo had one review, a one-star review from someone who hated it and threw his in the trash!

Are we going to let this one reviewer be the one and only voice passing judgment on our ereader? I think not!

I have submitted a four-star review (there's room for improvement, IMO).
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Could you post up a link

Well with Amazon spruiking their own Kindle range. I would expect less than savoury reviews of other readers.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Link:

Kobo ereader at Amazon
Old 08-02-2010, 12:55 AM   #4
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
That link goes to an individual in FLorida selling one. FLorida is one of the most corrupt states in the U.S. when is comes to consumer protection and fraud. Even if that guy was selling one for $99, I would not send him a cent ...

And the "used" one is worthless to me, too.

Just FYI, I went to my normal Amazon link, and was unable to locate any Kobo eReaders - just accessories.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
J. Strnad
Guru

I don't know anything about the seller(s) at the link. They seem to have changed since you posted. I'm only interested in the reviews of the device. And, no, I don't think Amazon sells them directly! Just the accessories, as you say.
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Just added a review - and voted YEAH! for yours (grin).
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:06 PM   #7
J. Strnad
Guru

I voted Yes on the other reviews, too, following your example. I'm glad to see that we have six reviews now and not just the one single-star review.

Tags
ereader, kobo