Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 06:47 AM   #1
weroflu
weroflu began at the beginning.

Device: PW1
9 seconds for a page turn with gen3

i updated to the version 2 software.

on a 230 page book, once i reach the halfway mark it takes about 9 seconds for each page turn. the same thing happened on a different book. it also takes about 9 seconds to open the book from the library screen. sometimes it will just crash after a page turn and revert to the library screen.

i tried flipping through pages on other books. at first everything seems normal with speedy page turns, but as i approach the middle of the book things slow down a lot. one another book it took about 2 seconds for a page turn.

ideas?
weroflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It might be something weird or complex markup in a particular chapter. I have a book with lots of end notes, and everytime I follow a link to them it takes a very long time (close to a minute). But then once inside the endnotes page turns are quick...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #3
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
If you can, try reformatting the books in Calibre. I had one very slow book, and when I 'converted' it (by going from ePub to ePub) the file size was greatly reduced and it worked much better.

If it's happening to all your books then it sounds more serious.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
As an additional thought, are you reading these books from an external SD card? Could the card itself be at fault? Try reading them from internal memory if so.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
weroflu

all the files

are on internal memory. i have taken the ds card out and it didn't affect the problem.

it has happened to at least 3 files so far, so i doubt that all of my files are corrupted
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 05:16 AM   #6
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Do you have a 200Mhz one or a 400Mhz one ?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:35 AM   #7
mitchman
mitchman began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
I have the same issue. 400MHz version, all books reformatted with Calibre. When it doesn't freeze forever, it takes a long time to switch to the next page.
mitchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #8
fjf
fjf began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
I had to abandon 2.0 and install 1.5 because of this. 2.0 is not usable.
fjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:03 AM   #9
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchman View Post
I have the same issue. 400MHz version, all books reformatted with Calibre. When it doesn't freeze forever, it takes a long time to switch to the next page.
Calibre tend to generate bad ePub...
Old 04-16-2010, 02:40 AM   #10
weroflu

problem solved

well not solved, but a good enough work around. i heard back from cybook tech support. there is a known bug with txt and html page turns taking too long. 2.0 does not support mobi, so i converted everything to epub and i have no problems

epub and 2.0 work well.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:07 AM   #11
Godzil

It's good to ear this ^^
Old 04-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #12
mitchman
mitchman began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by weroflu View Post
well not solved, but a good enough work around. i heard back from cybook tech support. there is a known bug with txt and html page turns taking too long. 2.0 does not support mobi, so i converted everything to epub and i have no problems

epub and 2.0 work well.
Not here, epub either freezes solid or takes several seconds for a page turn.
mitchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:14 AM   #13
GoneNova
Enthusiast
GoneNova is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 4,Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One, Libra2
I have a similar problem with the epubs. I get about 20 pages into a book when it freezes briefly than boots me back to the main library screen. It happened on 4 different books. I've tried it on sd card,and in main memory, same result. If I try to go to a page over 20 using the menu, it still does it. The files are good- I finish reading them on my jetBook. I might try to reflash the firmware, but I've pretty much given up on the thing.
GoneNova is offline   Reply With Quote