Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #181
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
You don't know how releived I was to find out that was a joke:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yatta
I loved this part:

The actors who performed as Happa-tai were brought to perform "YATTA!" in the United States on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Host Jimmy Kimmel compared himself to Ed Sullivan introducing the Beatles in their first American performance.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #182
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I loved this part:

The actors who performed as Happa-tai were brought to perform "YATTA!" in the United States on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Host Jimmy Kimmel compared himself to Ed Sullivan introducing the Beatles in their first American performance.
That version is available, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8epJUF73fmY
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #183
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At the risk of being risky, I just saw this great piece:

Old 04-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #184
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
That version is available, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8epJUF73fmY
Thanks for that! Kimmel's intro was great! I wonder if his audience had any inkling of what they were in for?
Old 04-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #185
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
At the risk of being risky, I just saw this great piece:

People who claim the U.S. was founded upon the teachings of Jesus display their ignorance of both history and Jesus.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #186
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Thanks for that! Kimmel's intro was great! I wonder if his audience had any inkling of what they were in for?
I'm sure many of them did. They were already a big meme before the Kimmel appearance. Both as the group video and as this Flash video:

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=9472
Old 04-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #187
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

No, I can't post this great new Youtube video.

I won't post it!

I will be strong-- I will not post it!

...damn.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #188
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:

I won't post it!

...damn.
That video is now in my YouTube Favorites!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #189
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:

I won't post it!

...damn.
Hee-hee! I have a few places to share that one.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:24 AM   #190
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Don't think I've posted this before. Very cool complex music video made with one long camera shot:

And the idea copied by Coke:

Old 05-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #191
Helen Smith
Zealot
Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I love this - have you seen it? A man trying to put on a flip-flop. I laugh myself silly every time I watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmwB-oKwk5U

Oh dear. I can't get it to embed. Sorry.
Helen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #192
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Smith View Post
I love this - have you seen it? A man trying to put on a flip-flop. I laugh myself silly every time I watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmwB-oKwk5U

Oh dear. I can't get it to embed. Sorry.
Just use the v= number and wrap it in the YouTubeTag.

You can Quote this and Look at the source.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:15 PM   #193
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Old 05-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #194
kennyc

Oh my, that is hilarious. I hope she's okay.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #195
Helen Smith
Zealot
Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
you can quote this and look at the source
Thanks, Kenny
I didn't think of that. I was trying to look at the source for the whole page and work it out, and ended up feeling as bamboozled as flip-flip man.
Helen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats, kindle, tax, vincent price