Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-14-2005, 09:18 PM   #1
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Technology and globalization: The World is Flat

Sammy over at Palm Addicts has a great post about the e-book version of Thomas Friedman's book The World is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century. Check it out here.

I listened to the Audible version of his previous book, The Lexus and the Olive Tree and I highly recommend it as well to anyone interested in the impact of the internet, technology, and the "Electronic Herd" on the world's economy. He makes a compelling argument for nuturing entrepreneurship and embracing globalization and the "Golden Straitjacket" by comparing the prosperity and standards of living between countries with free market economies to those with closed markets and societies.

If you have read The World is Flat or The Lexus and the Olive Tree, please feel free to review them in the discussion thread.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks for the recommendation. I put a note on my Treo as a reminder for next time I shop at ereader.com.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2005, 09:30 AM   #3
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Thomas Friedman spoke at MIT about The World is Flat back in May of 2005, and you see a video of his speech here (RealPlayer required):

http://mitworld.mit.edu/video/266/
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:43 AM   #4
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Friedman is one of USNews' 25 best American leaders:
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/ar...31friedman.htm
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 06:47 PM   #5
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
My 2cents...I stopped reading the book on my zire71 cause frankly it got boring fast. It seemed very repetitive.
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert