Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 01-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Post Shakespeare, William: Shakespeare's Comedies. v1, 21 Jan 2009

An omnibus edition of the complete comedy plays of William Shakespeare. The plays in this volume are:
  • All's Well That Ends Well
  • As You Like It
  • The Comedy of Errors
  • Love's Labour's Lost
  • Measure For Measure
  • The Merchant of Venice
  • The Merry Wives of Windsor
  • A Midsummer Night's Dream
  • Much Ado About Nothing
  • Pericles, Prince of Tyre
  • The Taming of the Shrew
  • The Tempest
  • Twelfth Night
  • The Two Gentlemen of Verona
  • The Two Noble Kinsmen *
  • The Winter's Tale

* Written jointly with John Fletcher.

Note that in Shakespeare's day, a "comedy" meant something rather different to the modern usage of the word, meaning simply a play with a "happy ending". Some of the comedies, such as The Merchant of Venice, are certainly not "funny" works. Of course, many of them are "comedic" in the modern sense of the word, such as The Comedy of Errors and The Merry Wives of Windsor.

This volume, together with the previously-posted "Tragedies" and "Histories", contain the complete plays of Shakespeare. A separate "Poetry" volume (to be posted shortly) contains Shakespeare's poetry.

This is very much a "work in progress" and is certain to be revised many times, so it will be worth checking at regular intervals to see if an updated version has been released.

Enjoy!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Shakespeare - Comedies.prc (1.61 MB, 1588 views)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
CCLady
Enthusiast
CCLady has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle1, Kindle 3 wi-fi 3G, Kindle basic, Kindle Fire
As an English major, I learned that the Shakespearian definition of comedy is a play in which someone is alive at the end.
CCLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLady View Post
As an English major, I learned that the Shakespearian definition of comedy is a play in which someone is alive at the end.
That's funny. I was an English major too, and I learned something similar, but slightly different: a comedy is was a play in which someone gets married in the end.
jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupstin View Post
That's funny. I was an English major too, and I learned something similar, but slightly different: a comedy is was a play in which someone gets married in the end.
Nope, that's definitely a tragedy
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #5
HithNibth
Connoisseur
HithNibth has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Samsung NC10 and Palm TX
Harry T you is de biz! (I know - very un-Shakespearelike).

Thank you!
Bri
HithNibth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I tried using the "MobileRead Download Guide" to download this file and got a "Your Kindle is unable to load the requested page" error message. I haven't had any trouble downloading other files with the "Download Guide", so I'm not sure what the problem is.
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:48 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Forgive the obvious question, but why do you not simply download it from this thread?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:04 AM   #8
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Well, I initially tried from my Kindle because I didn't feel like side loading. I then tried downloading it from this thread for side loading... but the file kept getting stuck on indexing. So then I tried downloading from the Kindle again... and it worked this time. I guess my troubles with downloading were just one of those weird little curiosities of life.

Many thanks for making the file available!
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote