Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Question Which Fictionwise secure format?

Some of Fictionwise's content is available only in formats with DRM. If I want to buy one of these books, which one (if any) will work with the PRS-505?
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
Some of Fictionwise's content is available only in formats with DRM. If I want to buy one of these books, which one (if any) will work with the PRS-505?
The Secure Adobe books will work on your Sony. But, what many people do is buy the Secure MS Reader (LIT) use convertlit to remove the DRM and then use calibre to convert them to LRF files that will work on the Sony.

To use the Secure Adobe you need to d/l and install Adobe Digital Editions and register your Sony reader to it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #3
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
I use the Mobipockets... Sure, you have to remove the DRMs (NO, it is NOT illegal: I'm currently in Chad and I doubt they've even heard of DRMs, much less made a law about it! ), but conversion with Calibre is painless. And at least all if not all of their DRMed books are available in that one format, so I don't have to juggle!
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #4
flashgordonv
flashgordonv began at the beginning.

Device: Rocket EBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfy View Post
I use the Mobipockets... Sure, you have to remove the DRMs (NO, it is NOT illegal: I'm currently in Chad and I doubt they've even heard of DRMs, much less made a law about it! ), but conversion with Calibre is painless. And at least all if not all of their DRMed books are available in that one format, so I don't have to juggle!
And how does one remove the Mobi DRM pray tell? I own about 300 books in mobipocket format and would love to use them on the Sony
flashgordonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashgordonv View Post
And how does one remove the Mobi DRM pray tell?
Use mobidedrm. Note that, unless you live in Chad, removing DRM may well be illegal where you live.

For completeness I will mention that ereader2html will strip the DRM from eReader ebooks. So all the FictionWise Secure formats can be read on the PRS-505. The Secure Adobe PDFs "as is" and the others after stripping the DRM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
drm, fictionwise