Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
PB 360 - uh oh no PDF

I am sure this is all due to Operator Error, but I have just found that I can not open any PDF files, encrypted or not. I am able to read ePub and PRC/Mobi files just fine.

I believe this is due to being waaayyy to excited at Christmas when I got my new eBook Reader and loading on new firmwares and software without backing up any existing system files. I installed FB180 and *thought* I had created a copy of the original system folder but it didn't save (I'm also new to windows 7). I'm hoping someone can point me to what I need to install, or re-install to be able to read all the formats that PocketBook supports.

Here is the details that I see in "About Device" and "About Book"
  • Software version: W101.15.3
  • E-ink parameters: default
  • FBReader, PocketBook version; Modified by SciFiFan, JAW, GrayNM, Antuanelli; Version 0.9.4-test, FreeType 2.4.3
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Hi Justy,
the solution might be easy. can you please have a look if there is a file called extensions.cfg on the internal memory in the folder: system, config. If so can you please post this file?
Thanks
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Here is the file, zipped so that I can upload it. Thanks for your assistance.
Attached Files
File Type: zip extensions.zip (457 Bytes, 133 views)
Old 01-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Justy
Fanatic

I think my FB180 and FB reader files may not be the originals... It is entirely possible that I renamed 1 version of FB180 to FB and then over wrote the one that came with the system. So that could be part of the issue, if anyone has the original FB reader file or one that works, that may be the solution.

I'm getting the error: "Cannot start program" when I try to open a PDF file.

Last edited by Justy; 01-21-2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: added error message
Old 01-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #5
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Try this one.

1) delete the file extensions.cfg from the internal memory (system, config)
2) extract the attached file and put it on the internal memory in the folder system/config
3) reboot your device
Attached Files
File Type: zip ext.zip (552 Bytes, 143 views)

Last edited by review; 01-21-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
Justy
Fanatic

[QUOTE=review;1351401]Try this one.

That one works great, thanks so much!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #7
review
Addict

You're welcome!