Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 03:23 AM   #1
bedubya
bedubya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 350
Upload to E-reader possible?

I am considering buying a Sony 300.

I have hundreds of pdf files of technical books that open on my PC with Foxite.

Can I upload these pdf files to the e-reader in a similar manner to that on my Ipod? That is connect the pod/reader as a device and just copy files to it?

Thanks
bedubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:41 AM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
This should be possible. The Reader shows up as "removeable media" at least in Windoz Explorer. Not so shure for Mac.
But you should consider that the PDF-viewer in the PRS-300 don't allow zoom of scanned pages, or panning and scrolling of zoom PDF's.
Zoom to M or L will do a "reflow" of the text, which is pretty useable for novels, but may destroy the layout of your technical books.
HTH
Mark
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
small screen readers suck for doing pdfs, a netbook might be a better choice
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedubya View Post
I am considering buying a Sony 300.

I have hundreds of pdf files of technical books that open on my PC with Foxite.

Can I upload these pdf files to the e-reader in a similar manner to that on my Ipod? That is connect the pod/reader as a device and just copy files to it?

Thanks
You can.

Will it be readable? A big chance, no.
5" & pdf are not a good combination.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote