Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-31-2010, 02:51 AM   #1
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Sony cover spines

You know, I hadn't really paid attention to it, but noticed that when I bent the spine back on my 650 it felt different. Then I noticed my readers sitting on my printer and realised why. The binder is attached to the back cover and not to the spine. I suppose it'll have less stress this way, but I do like the crisp edges on the old covers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-12-30_19-42-37_828.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	547.8 KB
ID:	63815  
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I think it was a decision by Sony to prevent the clips from breaking so often.

I've never had a clip break but have heard enough stories.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
SolRaven, just an innocent personal question: What do you do with so many eReaders? I find that one is all I need or can carry around generally.
Thanks,
Ralph
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:21 AM   #4
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alert View Post
SolRaven, just an innocent personal question: What do you do with so many eReaders? I find that one is all I need or can carry around generally.
Thanks,
Ralph
Ralph, I don't need that many readers but when I got my first one I became a bit of an addict. I just loved them and wanted the newest and latest. Why? Who knows, I just wanted them. After getting the Sony 600, I fell back a little. When I bought the 650, I felt that I would enjoy them more if I shared them. So, the black 600, which isn't in the picture, I gave to my beau's nephew. The red 505 will surprise my sister on the west coast this week and I just lent my K2 to a friend.

I'll keep the Sony 650 & 700 for myself since those are my favorites.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:17 AM   #5
CraftyDan
Zealot
CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PRS-600 and PRS-350
The binder is attached to the back cover and not the spine so the front cover can be folded under the back cover. This arrangement puts the least stress on the spine and front cover.

They've been doing this with D-Ring binders for decades, and their engineering labs are bound to be full of them. Kinda surprising it's taken Sony so long to figure this one out.
CraftyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 02:40 AM   #6
rjcmommy
rjcmommy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Talking

I went through 2 covers and each time it was due to the end of clip breaking. First time, it was due to slipping out of my hand, this is the original cover that came with my reader. Second time it was in my purse, which it fits neatly without sliding around. I ordered this one from Sony and the binder was attached to the back and it still broke. I think using plastic piece to hold the reader to the cover is awful! I finally went online (ebay) and bought a Tuff-luv, it is awesome! The reader slides in, has a snap cover and a stand that can be unsnapped on the back to prop it up! Also has 2 places for additional sd cards. Best investment for my reader !
rjcmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #7
RheaSilva
RheaSilva began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader
Do covers from the 600/650/505 fit the 700 model?
RheaSilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:01 AM   #8
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Interesting..
SolRaven, do the 650 covers attach to the 600?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:06 AM   #9
SolRaven
Wizard

Well, since my 600 is now in Michigan, I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure the answer is, "No." The 650 is much smaller than all of the other ones. The 600 cover might fit the 700. I would say that's your best bet.