Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
Greenhat
Enthusiast
Greenhat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
What do you like in your pocketbook 360?

Hi folks
What feature do you like more in your pocketbook 360 please? why do you like this ereader ?
thanks a lot .
Greenhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:58 AM   #2
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Compared to what? It's a very solid reader, and I like the form factor (and the snap-on lid): it means that I'll take it everywhere and are never without reading material. I also like that it supports more formats than many other readers, with a good screen and reasonable speed.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 07:59 AM   #3
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
After having had it since February, I think I can already give a judgement of the strongest points of the device.

1) The snap-on cover. There is no way you can underestimate how important it is unless you switch your reader and start wondering "Where's the cover?"
2) The customisability. You are able to make all the buttons do whatever you want, you can install any font you like, you can put themes on it... It's quite dandy IMO.
3) The form factor. You can use it with your left hand only if need be.

Actually, I would just repeat what rogue_librarian has stated. I love it, and I doubt I'll buy any reader "just for reading books" in a long time, unless some catastrophe happens.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Got to chime in with the rest about the benefits of the cover. It gives my PB360 great protection, yet it's not bulky or heavy. IMNSHO, I think this was the greatest thing Pocketbook did with the PB360...

Plus, there's the ability to customize the buttons to my heart's content, the ability to move books around within the reader, the ability to delete books when I'm done with them, the ability to create favorites so I have quicker access to some books, the ability to rename books, the ability to use either hand whenever I wish with the g-sensor, the ability to read almost any file format ... ah heck, you all know the reasons. Ultimately, it's a very ergonomic, lightly weighted e-reader that does what it needs to very well - allow me to read a book in comfort while it "disappears" into the background.

Truth is, after using 3 other readers, this is the one I'll stick with until it's no more ... and I hope that's a LONG time.
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I love everything about my PB360. The snap on cover is one of my favourite features, especially because it snaps onto the back of the device while I'm reading; there's no chance I'm going to lose it.

I love that I can customise the every button on the reader, and customise the software. I am left-handed, so I LOVE that the G-sensor lets me use the device with as much comfort as a right-hander.

I also really like that it supports so many different formats. I read a lot of HTML files and that's a big selling point for me. I had considered some other readers and the lack of HTML support, or in Kindle's case - having to email and convert the files, was a huge negative for me.

This is the only e-reader I've owned, and the only one I've seen in person. I've had it since March and am absolutely thrilled with it and read for at least a couple of hours every day.

I can't recommend it highly enough.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #6
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
I like it a lot, because

I can personalize it with a lot of fonts, with themes... and I can organize the books as I want, not as the reader wants.
I can use whatever dictionary I like, there's plenty of them.
It's light to carry on, and fit in all my bags.
It allows a lot of formats in ebooks.
It has never crashed in 8 months.

I'm in love with my little pb, you know.
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I love my PB360.
For reasons, see my first detailed PocketBook 360 review.
Some of info is outdated, but only in this regard that now we have much better solution to things I asked about in review.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
The snap-on cover is practical when reading on the go, the round corners make it comfortable to hold and the possibility to create a folder structure makes it easy to carry a large library.
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #9
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
I love my PB360 because its so small. It doesn't need a bulky cover so it slips into my purse easily. It is also so customizable. I was able to customize my favorite theme (Cleanlook) so that the page number is bigger since there is a theme editor. Additional dictionaries are also a nice plus though I don't use a dictionary too often. Now that I have the reader auto shutdown after inactivity the battery seems to last forever.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #10
Greenhat
Enthusiast
Greenhat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Thank for your reviews. I m interested in buying this gadget. I didn't really know that it can read HTML and can accept dictionaries.
Greenhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #11
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
What is not to love about our beloved Mighty Mouse? To repeat everyone else, I love the cover, the wide variety of formats, the g-sensor that with the right version of fb reader allows wrist-flip page turning, the small size that lets me put in my pocket, the themes, the dictionary, the stability, the button mapping, and last but certainly not least: should it be needed, Pocketbook customer support is wonderful.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #12
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I was really disappointed when Pocketbook brought out all their new models and NONE of them have a hard snap on cover. I was hoping that would be a new design feature, standard in all future models.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:10 AM   #13
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
One is on its way to me now. I am SO looking forward to falling in love!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #14
mrsmac
mrsmac began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360
I have been researching ereaders for a long time and I think the 360 is just what I need -- simple, small, lightweight and library-accessible. I have so much to learn and do admit to feeling somewhat overwhelmed at this point.

There is a lot I don't understand -- you use different ereader software (fbreader or calibre) than what's on the 360? Certain newer firmware updates don't seem to work as well (and I can go backward?). It seems that epub books work better than pdf? Both are available from our library.

I seem to remember reading there was a new 360 coming out? Would that just mean a firmware update or an actual design change?

Maybe I just need to take the plunge and learn as I go. I greatly appreciate any help, comments, suggestions!
mrsmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:16 AM   #15
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Even if a new model came up, the 360 is Pocketbook's best shot by far. It's stable with the latest firmware 15.3, it is indeed lightweight yet durable (the snap-on cover will save you time and time again) and it does the reading job perfectly.

If you can get it cheap, don't hesitate.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote