Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Random Restarts After Long Periods of Idleness?

So I've noticed over the past 2 weeks that after a few days, my PP would restart itself randomly after I unlock it after leaving it locked on my desk after several days of not reading. Anyone else experience this?
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
So I've noticed over the past 2 weeks that after a few days, my PP would restart itself randomly after I unlock it after leaving it locked on my desk after several days of not reading. Anyone else experience this?
What format was in use?
I have not left mine idle for days, so I have not seen this
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Yes, I have seen that a few times when I have not had time to read for several days. I only use the CoolReader in the PocketPRO for reading.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well so far, the few times I've had it happen, I had locked my screen on a DRM'd ePUB and a non-DRM'd ePUB.

Anyone else experience this and is this a problem possibly with the device or just an issue with the ebooks themselves?
Old 02-19-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Well so far, the few times I've had it happen, I had locked my screen on a DRM'd ePUB and a non-DRM'd ePUB.

Anyone else experience this and is this a problem possibly with the device or just an issue with the ebooks themselves?
I lock non-DRM epubs for hours, all the time. no problems.
Now LIT or PRC, that is a different story. :/
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:30 AM   #6
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura

Hmm, well then I'll just scratch it off to random bugginess. I'm thinking it might be the OS's heap storage getting too fragmented and causing the device to reboot after coming out of keyboard lock.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:26 AM   #7
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Hmm, well then I'll just scratch it off to random bugginess. I'm thinking it might be the OS's heap storage getting too fragmented and causing the device to reboot after coming out of keyboard lock.
I think that you are correct that it is an OS bug. Mine regularly reboots on coming out of keyboard lock longer than one day. It just did it again!
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:10 AM   #8
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I think that you are correct that it is an OS bug. Mine regularly reboots on coming out of keyboard lock longer than one day. It just did it again!
Well, heap memory being too fragmented isn't a "bug" per se. It happens across any platform and device that runs for a long period of time. For example, if you leave your computer running for weeks on end, eventually you'll have to restart the machine or suffer program crashes left and right.

I'm just at a loss why the device rebooted so shortly after the first time. I only went back to open up one book, read like 20 pages, then locked it for like 3 days. Then again, I haven't read in like a week and yet, it didn't restart.

Gonna try and keep track of what I do, bookmarks, and opened books just to see when and after doing what does the device restart after coming out of keyboard lock. Maybe then, I'd have a better idea of what the cause might be and maybe it'll get fixed in a future FW patch (if it's fixable).

Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 02-22-2010 at 03:13 AM.