Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
jastevenson
jastevenson began at the beginning.

Device: Several
Arrow Kindle Kandle on sale. Any good?

So I'm looking for an LED backlight for my Kindle, and there's a the "Kandle" is like 75% off right now (If you're interested, it's available here but you have to use the coupon code "KANDLELT" for it to work

Does anyone have experience with these? It's very cheap, but I still don't want it unless it's good.

jastevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I bought one last week and really like it -- for any reader.

It's lightweight (watch batteries) and illuminates the page pretty evenly because the light is diffused across a relatively wide reflector (wider than most lights).

I sometimes use it even if the overhead light is on in a room if I need an extra localized boost of light.

Hope that helps.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Might just go for one of those. How do they fit onto the reader, Doreen? I always use my Song 505 in a flip top cover; would that be a problem do you think? Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I like mine. In fact I find I can read too late into the night with it .

As long as the top of your reader is exposed you should be able to clamp it on. I'm not sure how you read with you flip top cover Neil. Do you fold it back? Does it then expose the top of your Sony?
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
The light has a spring loaded clip that attaches to the Reader. It has a little padding so it won't mar the surface. You can attach it to either the top or side of the reader.

On a > 6" screen it might not illuminate as evenly, but it looks good on my 350, 505, and 600. Also works well on the Nook and K3.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kandle