Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 10:54 PM   #16
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
I'm one of those who was able to grab one of the Cybook Opus ereaders before they got sold out. I've had it since Thursday and so far, really like it. I think it could have done well except for the original $249 and then $199 price. It is a solid device and works great. Only thing I did on receiving it was charge it and update firmware. I've read 4 books on it so far. Works great and was a great deal for me to be a 2nd reader for epub library books to go along with my K1. Unfortunately given pricing and the USD vs. Euro, Bookeen just isn't going to be able to break into the market in any significant way I don't believe.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #17
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Sony PRS-300 is now $99

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20...?tag=cnetRiver

Probably because of the rumored new models though...
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #18
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
Sony PRS-300 is now $99

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20...?tag=cnetRiver

Probably because of the rumored new models though...
Maybe, but who knows, they might keep the PRS-300 around. IIRC, it tended to sell better than the PRS-600 (and it certainly has a better screen). Though not quite as nice as the PRS-505, its still a very nice reader (would be better if it handled epubs a bit better, but converting them into LRFs in Calibre aint that hard).

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
$99 ereader, ereader