Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Touchscreen in PB360 Form Factor?

Any chance that PB will release a touchscreen PB360?

I love the form factor of the 360, it's the only one that seems to have a sense of how people actually hold things (like the old REB1100.)

But even the old REB1100 had a touchscreen. Really useful for internal links and apps like a calculator.

Anyhow, hoping for a hint that it might be possible.

A PB302 in a (larger) PB360 format would rock.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
It should be in work, and will be released as the 503.

Watch the link in my signature to get an overview of the readers coming up (this is not final but just a lookup)
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
capidamonte
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Well, that looks interesting.

Good size battery, too, on the 503. 602 might rock, as well, but battery's not so good.

Any mockups/images anywhere? Any theoretical availability dates?
Old 07-03-2010, 05:02 AM   #4
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
The 503 is an odd name. I think it should be called the 360 with a little tiny 2 just after the 0.

But who cares. While I am not big on the touchscreen part the wlan and bluetooth seem like it would be very handy.

What I was hoping for is a 360 with a 6 inch screen but identical to the current 360. Through in wlan and bluetooth and thats a winnnner. Though I am completely happy with the current 360.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
A 6 inch PB360 would be *really* interesting if it used a 16x10 aspect ratio.
The width would be about the same (less than a quarter inch wider), so pocketablity wouldn't be impacted, but you'd get a taller (just over an inch), more paperback-ish display.

Touchscreen? Minimal value-add on a 5-incher, to be honest. WiFi? Maybe if the browser app can bring in regular (non-mobile) web sites. In other words: I'd be more interested in a 502.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
A 6 inch PB360 would be *really* interesting if it used a 16x10 aspect ratio.
The width would be about the same (less than a quarter inch wider), so pocketablity wouldn't be impacted, but you'd get a taller (just over an inch), more paperback-ish display.

Touchscreen? Minimal value-add on a 5-incher, to be honest. WiFi? Maybe if the browser app can bring in regular (non-mobile) web sites. In other words: I'd be more interested in a 502.
I think a touchscreen would be nice for people even on a 5 inch. I miss being able to just touch a word to look it up in the dictionary. And when entering text it would be much less painful.

I do think a 6-incher based on the 360 would be a winner too. My favorite part of the 360 is it's minimalism—how it doesn't have any extra wasted bezel space and is easy to hold. That was what I liked about my PRS-900.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
capidamonte

I'm with you on the wifi and bluetooth -- don't really need it. But touchscreen -- links, lookups, text input -- is vital.

I'd like a 6" in 360 form factor, too. But I'll take a 5" if that's all that's available. But honestly, I'd prefer A5 or A6 sizes, so that conversion was easy. Pocketbook could take a lead here with normalizing screen sizes.

Anyone heard dates?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #8
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I do think a 6-incher based on the 360 would be a winner too. My favorite part of the 360 is it's minimalism—how it doesn't have any extra wasted bezel space and is easy to hold. That was what I liked about my PRS-900.-Marcy
I also like the minimalism aspect of the PB360 too.

Oh, and if I could ask - please, please, please, Pocketbook - don't lose/phase out the cover for the PB360 during any upgrade. Not having to have an extra cover (read: weight) to protect the screen is the best bonus of this little device (along with the minimalism). TIA.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:13 AM   #9
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
I also like the minimalism aspect of the PB360 too.

Oh, and if I could ask - please, please, please, Pocketbook - don't lose/phase out the cover for the PB360 during any upgrade. Not having to have an extra cover (read: weight) to protect the screen is the best bonus of this little device (along with the minimalism). TIA.

Marilyn
I'm with Marilyn on this one! I absolutely love the clip on cover and think it should be a standard attachment for all readers.

I'd love a 360-ish designed 6" reader with wifi, too. Touchscreen could come in handy, but I'd worry about fingerprints.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:37 AM   #10
capidamonte

No cover, no sale!

I'm with you guys.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:49 AM   #11
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
In fact, the snap-on cover is probably the cleverest idea that Pocketbook has brought. I'll sure miss it if future e-readers don't implement it.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:14 AM   #12
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
I'm not sure there will be touchscreen models with 5" screen... at least not this year...
And, yes, I love the snap-on lid on MM as well!!!)
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote