Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 08-17-2006, 03:28 PM   #1
easyreader
easyreader began at the beginning.

Ebookwise Librarian help

Hello everyone, I took the plunge and bought the Ebookwise ebook device. I'm having a problem converting my .rb files with the librarian. It says its converting my book with no errors and it makes a .imp file, but when I view the finished product it has one line of text. I'm not quite sure I'm doing the librarian in the correct steps, can someone walk me throught it? Thanks.
easyreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Hi,

I do not have rb files, but I converted hundreds of rtf/html/txt files with the librarian and when it acts up restarting it works most of the time; sometimes there are files that do not convert even after restarting (happened with html only), those I had to convert first to rtf.
On the Yahoo group Fictionwise there are people who are very knowledgeable about Ebookwise1150 and its tools so it may be worth asking there too. There is a rb group too on yahoo, but the Fictionwise one is the best for Ebk1150 questions.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fictionwise/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/reb1100/

Liviu
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #3
kjn24
Enthusiast
kjn24 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
I'm also having trouble with the Librarian software - I think I have three demo days left, but I'm not going to need them because the whole laptop will be in the creek! I've received a tutorial from fictionwise, and they're all really nice, but my problem seems to be as much computer as software, so I thought I'd post here and see if someone can point me in the right direction!
When I open up the software my Panda Antivirus pops up with "Dangerous Operation Blocked" and thinks it malware. I've added the librarian to the program both inbound and outbound. When I click and make the warning go away, I still can't load anything into the librarian, and get error messages.
Suggestions, anyone?
Kathy
kjn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:55 PM   #4
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
You can also use the free software from ETI to create an IMP ebook. There is a link on the eBookwise site. The ETI software is more powerful. The Librarian software is slightly easier to use. When I had my eBookwise 1150, I used the ETI software to create ebooks and the Librarian software to upload them via USB. The Librarian software can be used for uploading, even after the 30 day demo period has expired (only three ebooks at a time, though).

For more information on conversion and other methods to convert documents to IMP, see http://www.chromakinetics.com/REB1200/index.html
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:34 AM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjn24 View Post
I'm also having trouble with the Librarian software - I think I have three demo days left, but I'm not going to need them because the whole laptop will be in the creek! I've received a tutorial from fictionwise, and they're all really nice, but my problem seems to be as much computer as software, so I thought I'd post here and see if someone can point me in the right direction!
When I open up the software my Panda Antivirus pops up with "Dangerous Operation Blocked" and thinks it malware. I've added the librarian to the program both inbound and outbound. When I click and make the warning go away, I still can't load anything into the librarian, and get error messages.
Suggestions, anyone?
Kathy
Can you shut down the Panda software and see if it works without it. What does the error message from Librarian say? The author of the Librarian software was helpful to me. I contacted him via email. I do not use the Librarian much to convert files but I do use it to manage my books and install most of them on my eb1150.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2007, 08:22 PM   #6
kjn24
Enthusiast

Thanks Dale - I think I'm going to make this my weekend project. I'm going to try disabling the Panda and see what happens. This is one of those rare times I actually find myself getting more determined, the more problems I run into.....
Kathy
Old 12-02-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
kjn24
Enthusiast

Just wanted to say that I got this fixed this weekend. I had to change my virus/firewall protection to 'medium' to get it to work. Oddly enough, doing this fixed several other computer problems I've been having.
Kathy
Old 12-02-2007, 04:05 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjn24 View Post
Just wanted to say that I got this fixed this weekend. I had to change my virus/firewall protection to 'medium' to get it to work. Oddly enough, doing this fixed several other computer problems I've been having.
Kathy
Fantastic. Hope you enjoy your reader.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:22 PM   #9
kjn24
Enthusiast

I *love* my reader. Now that I have all the wrinkles ironed out it may be the easiest 'tech' thing I own, and it's so comforting to know I have multiple choices of something to read with me at all times, even the stuff I save off the internet.
Kathy
Old 12-30-2007, 01:43 PM   #10
woldinghamuk
Enthusiast
woldinghamuk doesn't litterwoldinghamuk doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150 + sony reader 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenny View Post
You can also use the free software from ETI to create an IMP ebook.
By the way here is the ETI ebook publisher free software:

http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/sup...r_download.htm
woldinghamuk is offline   Reply With Quote