Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
Mason
parce qui c'est amusant!
Mason began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello, Shalom, and Salut!

Hi! My name is Mason, I am sixteen years old and I live in the United States. I speak a fair bit of French, and I'm learning how to speak Hebrew.

Bonjour! Je m'appelle Mason. Je suis seize ans et J'habite dans Etats-Unis. Je parle le francais comme ci comme ca, et J'apprends le Hébreu.

See you around the forum!
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Whatever you said Mason-- Welcome to Mobile Read!

(oh, I think it's the same thing in two languages )

So, are leaning towards any particular device or still in the information gathering stage? Either way this is a great place to get help, advice, free ebooks and it's pretty fun around here too!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
Mason
parce qui c'est amusant!

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the Kindle for the Internet use, but I'm also liking some of the other options.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #4
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Mason, welcome to MR! Or I should say "bonjour"! I expect you'll be very popular with all of the très chic mesdames et mesdemoiselles here!

You're on the younger end of the spectrum of the people I've met here. Which is great--we can always use the young adult perspective on things!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:02 PM   #5
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Mason!

Having a reading device would certainly make getting through all the required reading for High School easier (and less cumbersome). Good luck with Hebrew.

Happy Reading.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
Mason
parce qui c'est amusant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
Hi Mason, welcome to MR! Or I should say "bonjour"! I expect you'll be very popular with all of the très chic mesdames et mesdemoiselles here!

You're on the younger end of the spectrum of the people I've met here. Which is great--we can always use the young adult perspective on things!
It's a sad truth, not many people in my age group are that inclined to reading. Even in my English II Honours course last year, people had no grasp over some of the most basic English concepts ( Pronouns, Adverbs, ect ), and had even complained that we had to write such long ( in my opinion, short... ) book reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, Mason!

Having a reading device would certainly make getting through all the required reading for High School easier (and less cumbersome). Good luck with Hebrew.

Happy Reading.
My uncle has promised he'd give me his $900 eBook device ( the name escapes me at the moment ), whenever he gets the upcoming Apple eBook reader.

---
Thanks for the warm greetings

Last edited by Mason; 08-21-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:24 AM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Mason and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 since Jan 08 and really like it
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:30 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
salut Mason, et bienvenue au forum. tu as peut-être vu déjà que nous avons un forum en français, nous serons très heureux de t'y voir participer !

Hello Mason, and welcome to the forum. you have perhaps already seen that we have a french forum, we would be very happy to have you participate there !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #9
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Salut Mason, et bienvenue à Mobile Read! Je suis heureuse de voir un francophile ici, surtout à ton age! Je viens tout juste de recevoir un Sony 500 en cadeau, donné par PilotBob, un membre ici, et mon père, qui m'a fait découvrir le forum. Cette machine est suberbe, super utile, et je l'aiiiimeeeeee!

J'espère que tu trouveras la liseuse de tes rêves!

Hi Mason, and welcome to Mobile Read! I'm happy to see a French lover here, mostly of your age! I just got a Sony 500 as a gift, offered by PilotBob, a member here, and my dad, who made me discover the forum. That machine is superb, really useful and I loooooove it!

I hope you'll find the e-book reader of your dreams!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote