Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
RWJ
Zealot
RWJ doesn't litterRWJ doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
How do you rename files on the reader?

I can see how to rename collections, but not how to rename files. For some reason in the process of moving PDFs from my computer to the reader, they get long alphanumeric names that have nothing to do with the content, which is a) mystifying and b) not helpful when I have more than one, because I can't tell which is which.
RWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #2
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
What kind of files RWJ? Files from the Connect store the names should be fine. Files from other places/formats will have metadata you can edit. If you can say what kind of files, me or someone else can recommend a tool/way to edit the metadata.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
RWJ
Zealot
RWJ doesn't litterRWJ doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome View Post
What kind of files RWJ? Files from the Connect store the names should be fine. Files from other places/formats will have metadata you can edit. If you can say what kind of files, me or someone else can recommend a tool/way to edit the metadata.
LG - they were all PDFs, some were from the Tor giveaway (ie commercial w/ no DRM) and some were files from work (possibly not formatted perfectly but also no DRM). However, I discovered the wonder that is calibre, wish to pledge my undying gratitude to the genius who made it, and found that I can rename things easily there. Also, finally twigged that the easiest way to read Word docs is just to save them as html within Word and then use calibre to put them into LRF.

Thank you very much for being willing to help, though.

I love my reader!!
RWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Yep, Calibre will do that for you, there are also a number of other tools to edit the PDF metadata. Glad you got it worked out!
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote