Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-01-2013, 02:28 AM   #1
Tristitan
Tristitan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard 3g
Help Wanted With Library Management

long time reader, first time poster

the forum has been awesome and very helpful but i have a question i dont think has been answered so here goes

i modify the meta data of my books to put on my Keyboard Kindle 3g using Calibre

every now and then a book i modify the meta data of in Calibre and then put it in the kindle it dosent display the updated metadata

i also use a metadata plugboard to display series and then book name if that makes any difference

as i was saying its not all books just every now and then and i dont know why

edit: should also mention that when i pull the books off the kindle that dont display the same way as the rest they still show up as having the modified meta data

Last edited by Tristitan; 08-01-2013 at 02:32 AM. Reason: adding a comment
Tristitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:49 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I believe that you have to delete the books off the Kindle before it will recognise changes as the Kindle caches information about the books. If you delete the books from within Calibre using the Device View then you need to disconnect the Kindle and then reconnect it before copying the updated books to force the cache to be cleared.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
Tristitan

hello i just tried your suggestion and it didn't work for the books without the altered metadata

as normal practice i delete the book off the kindle before i put the updated one on it

over the 1000 or so books i have on the kindle there is only about 10-15 which dont show up the series then book name even though they have it in the metadata
Old 08-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do a mobi to mobi conversion before sending them to the kindle.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:08 AM   #5
Tristitan

i just tried that and it still doesn't work
Advert
Old 08-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
remember to delete from kindle, disconnect, then send, after doing the mobi to mobi conversion.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote