Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-17-2023, 05:53 AM   #1
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quick Launch add-on for Windows is now freeware

Just wanted to share, I recently learned that True Launch Bar went freeware and it's awesome!!
I recall I had tried it once and found it interesting but felt it needed improvements in OS integration.

Now as a long-time user of the Quick Launch bar feature in Windows, I find this an invaluable OS add-on, especially because of the command line plugin and the ability to launch standalone customisable bars across all screen edges.

The Quick Launch bar is getting increasingly hidden in Windows OS, but I find it essential, as it can hold one-click shortcuts or junctions to files and folders (using the CascadeFolderBands reg key).

It may be tricky to set up for non-techy users, but I was amazed at all the possibilities it offers. For instance, it can be used just as a plain spacer to the left or right of Full HD screens, making it easy to center programs for better readability.

Other features I liked in it:

- has a portable version
- calendar and to-do list
- nifty timer creator, useful for Pomodoro-like time management

Software author considers making TLB open-source and mentions the war with Ukraine as one of the reasons he chose to make it freeware.
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 10:40 AM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
By installing Qalculate! and including it in the path system variables, now I'm able to do quick unit conversions, without the need of opening the GUI Calculator (or googling).

Code:
cmd /k qalc ""%1"lb to kg"
so when I type

q 341

in the command line bar, a command prompt opens instantly with the conversion:

341 pounds = approx. 154,6749982 kg

This is how the plugin config looks:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2023-08-17, 11_29_37.png
Views:	49
Size:	31.5 KB