Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 02:28 AM   #826
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbatista View Post
How come no one thought of that before?
Speaking for myself, I haven't thought of it before because, no matter how much I appreciate Moon+ Reader, it's just not quite up there with Marvin. Marvin is so good I'm considering ditching both of my hardware Kindles. Yes, e-ink is much preferable for daytime reading, but the annotation capabilities on hardware Kindles are so inferior compared to Marvin's annotation capabilities, that it's worth switching over to Marvin throughout the day. Something similar could be said of Moon+ Reader -- a syncing feature would certainly be nice, but not nearly as nice, in my opinion, as a Marvin for Android release.

As to approaching the Moon+ Reader developer, good luck to Kris. It will be curious to see the developer's reaction, considering that Marvin can be perceived as a potential competitor for Moon+ Reader -- and why should anyone directly cooperate with their (near-future) competitors?
Old 02-11-2013, 02:40 AM   #827
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Send her a hug!

I'll get in touch with the Moon+ dev today. Lets see if we can make something happen.
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #828
Karin54
Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iPhone5, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
You can also tap the series picker (next to the series sort button).
I have a series of 14 books. They are sorted like this:
1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 2, 3 etc.

Can something be done about this?
Old 02-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #829
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Karin, this is fixed in 1.2.5. Apple are reviewing it this very minute and, hopefully, will be available in about 24hrs. You can check out http://marvinapp.com/whatsnew.html
Old 02-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #830
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, this is already fixed in Marvin, Version 1.2.5, which should be released within the next few days or hours. See here: http://www.marvinapp.com/whatsnew.html

PS: ninja'd by Kris
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #831
Karin54
Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.Karin54 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iPhone5, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Karin, this is fixed in 1.2.5. Apple are reviewing it this very minute and, hopefully, will be available in about 24hrs. You can check out http://marvinapp.com/whatsnew.html
Awesome
Old 02-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #832
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
considering that Marvin can be perceived as a potential competitor for Moon+ Reader -- and why should anyone directly cooperate with their (near-future) competitors?
Well, without wishing to denigrate Kris is any way, I suspect that a Marvin for Android will be a big chunk of work, while a common sync format might be a potentially interesting feature to support...
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #833
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
This app is totally sucking up my time. I have spent more time in Calibre figuring out how I want my books to look. I have been adding the meta data, fixing covers, adding series information. None of this would have happened without this silly app.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #834
kguil
Addict

An Android version is something I'm looking into very seriously but will take some time. In the long run, I believe that if it is good for readers then it should be in Marvin. Many people might have a mixture of Android phones and iPads. This is functionality I would want myself. On a similar note, very soon Marvin's OPDS browser will let you download virtually and book type and offer to open it in any *other* app installed on your iPad, be it, say, Goodreader for PDFs, or Kindle for mobi books.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #835
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
None of this would have happened without this silly app.
ProfCrash, sarcasm does not always come over too well on the Internet. I wish you were more careful in your vocabulary.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #836
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quote:
This app is totally sucking up my time. I have spent more time in Calibre figuring out how I want my books to look. I have been adding the meta data, fixing covers, adding series information. None of this would have happened without this silly app.
you say it like it's a bad thing

Art
Old 02-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #837
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbatista View Post
you say it like it's a bad thing

Art
At least one person understands humor....
Old 02-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #838
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
I've been having exactly the same "problem"!

G
Old 02-12-2013, 03:00 AM   #839
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quote:
At least one person understands humor....
Don't hold it against Alex. When it it comes to Marvin, he takes no prisoners.....

I am in the same boat. I had stopped reading books for a while. Stanza really was the only decent book reader. There were a couple of promising apps out there like Apabi, Shubooks and Bluefire.

But the lack of any development work and the lack of reasonable features turned me off to most of them. Some, like Megareader, could not display italics for the love of Mike!!!!

Most others, despite my best efforts to find otherwise, appear to be abandonware. Bluefire is a particularly strange animal, as the developers simply don't seem to care for the book readers, which would seem to me, are the ultimate clients.

To my chagrin, I bought around 8 or 9 different apps trying to find something reasonable. In the end I was back to broken Stanza on IOS 6, which was a pain as I could not change settings.

Now, with Marvin, all is back to normal and even my wife is back to complaining that I read too much and pay too little attention to her. (yikes!)

All is good in my life again.....

Cheers

Art
Old 02-12-2013, 03:13 AM   #840
bounce
Zealot
bounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Ipad, Kindle 7
Been looking for a way to export highlights from Epub. Great app.
Closed Thread