Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Problem with Kobo Nickel font

In its advertising for the Kobo Glo, Kobo touts its new font, specially tweaked for onscreen reading: Kobo Nickel. This is actually a modified version of the Rockwell font that was on the Kobo Touch. But one of the modifications has ruined the font for me (Rockwell was my preferred font for reading on the Touch). Rockwell has commas and periods that are distinctly different. Kobo Nickel has modified the comma to have a much less pronounced tail, and so at normal reading sizes, for my eyes, it's very hard to tell the difference between a comma and a period. Since the goal of tweaking this font was to make it BETTER, not WORSE, for reading on screens, can we please get this fixed in the next update? Thanks!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Robert, I tried the Kobo Nickel for about 10 minutes and I really did not like it. I love the Gothic font, but I am disappointed that there are not advanced options to increase the weight or sharpness of this font. I am surprised that these options are not available for all fonts that are included as standard on the Kobo Glo. PS apologies, I know that my post does not answer your question regarding the Kobo Nickel font.
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert