Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
GEB librarian and Vista

I have downloaded the librarian and followed directions for pc's running windows vista, but I can't seem to see my bookshelf? I've downloaded the correct driver and it's recognizing my 1150, but I'd love to be able to get the librarian to work. Any hints?
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #2
masterpug
masterpug began at the beginning.

Device: REB1150
similar problem

im having same issue...

have geb librarina dn USB driver in..
plug in ebook, her DOINk as usb is plugged in.....shows connected in tray...

but when i try to browse to my online bookshelf i get huing up and cant connect

I do get an error mesage saying port 80 is in use by another program when i open librarian...but when i run port checker it sasy its open???

ALso added both usb and librarian to firewall exception...

any one got any suggestions....

Im desperate to get ebook up and running before my wife goes into labor and i spend next 3 days in hospital with her...esp when its early am and im trying to to wake her...

masterpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Bump in case this thread got lost.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
Pinkie
Connoisseur
Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Nook Color, Kobo
I can't get the ebookwise librarian program to work either. It's either that, or my unit thinks its a 1200, when it's an 1150, because it refuses to download any other format.
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:26 AM   #5
masterpug
masterpug began at the beginning.

Device: REB1150
yeah never could get it to play with vista after hours of work...

have old laptop with xp that i copied all titles too and run librarian on....

masterpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2008, 02:32 PM   #6
muñeca
muñeca began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise
Quote:
Originally Posted by giedre View Post
I have downloaded the librarian and followed directions for pc's running windows vista, but I can't seem to see my bookshelf? I've downloaded the correct driver and it's recognizing my 1150, but I'd love to be able to get the librarian to work. Any hints?
Are you running IIS on your system because the 2 can't run together. If you want to use librarian your going going to have to turn it off.
muñeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #7
cftall
"Crackers"
cftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheese

Device: cybook 3 tung-e-2 ebookwise 1150
================================================== ======
I changed computers and now I have windows vista . I have
emailed support several times and I get the same message
back each time. I purchased the key several years ago for
the librarian. The message I get back always says to
configuer the HTTP and set the usb port to 80. I have done
this over and over. I have reinstalled both the usb and
the librarian over and over.I have tried to change the
file path when installing the librarian as sugested for
vista users and always get a message back saying file path
not available. When I try to go to my online bookshelf I
either get a message that says to configure HTTP .I have
done this.or it says I have no books in my bookshelf . I
have purchased 140 books from you and
fictionwise.Sometimes I get thru to the bookshelf and it
says I have 5 books ready to download but when I download
and go to my reader they dont show up C.F.Tall

Thank you.
cftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cftall View Post
I changed computers and now I have windows vista . I have
emailed support several times and I get the same message
back each time. I purchased the key several years ago for
the librarian. The message I get back always says to
configuer the HTTP and set the usb port to 80. I have done
this over and over. I have reinstalled both the usb and
the librarian over and over.I have tried to change the
file path when installing the librarian as sugested for
vista users and always get a message back saying file path
not available. When I try to go to my online bookshelf I
either get a message that says to configure HTTP .I have
done this.or it says I have no books in my bookshelf . I
have purchased 140 books from you and
fictionwise.Sometimes I get thru to the bookshelf and it
says I have 5 books ready to download but when I download
and go to my reader they dont show up C.F.Tall

Thank you.
Did you do all of the things listed on the eBookwise site:

Quote:
Attention Windows Vista Users:
To use the eBookwise Librarian program on Windows Vista, please follow these special instructions:

* When installing the eBookwise Librarian, change the default installation directory to a location that is not under the "C:\Program Files" directory. For example, change "C:\Program Files\eBookwise Librarian" to "C:\eBookwise Librarian".
* On your eBookwise-1150 device, tap the top-left icon (the "ebook guy"), and then tap "Settings". Page down to the "Phone Connection" page, and on that page, check the two proxy boxes toward the bottom. They're labeled "Use HTTP proxy" and "Use proxy for USB". Enter your IP address in the "HTTP proxy address" box. If you don't know your IP address, look for it in the "About..." box on the eBookwise Librarian. Also, set "HTTP proxy port" to 80. Then retry the eBookwise Librarian.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another thing to check. Before you try eBook Librarian you need to make sure that you can really reach the online library bookshelf. If you can't do that then you need to fix that first. That will require installing the USB driver. Check the eBook technologies web site and getting the latest driver.

Dale
Old 05-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #10
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
I found the following info about getting eBookwise Librarian (aka GEB Librarian) and Vista working, for what it's worth. I don't use Vista so can't verify if this will help.

Check Comments #18 to #21 on the 'Dear Author ...' website.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #11
cftall
"Crackers"
cftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheesecftall can extract oil from cheese

I did everything that was sugested but when I reinstalled the library and tried to change the file path as sugested for vista users a message said file path not available. C.F.TALL
Old 05-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I did everything that was sugested but when I reinstalled the library and tried to change the file path as sugested for vista users a message said file path not available. C.F.TALL
Does the eb1150 work to direct access the ebookwise bookshelf online? Is so then that much is good. Now. You have to change the path as part of the installation, not later, for the Vista. They have locked down the program files folder for security, HA! When you install you need to pick a different place and then allow the install to create the folder. Then it should work.

Dale
Old 05-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #13
cftall
"Crackers"

I reinstalled the librarian and tried to change the file path to "C:\eBookwise Librarian". as stated.Still get message"file path is not available. I even turned all my security off during this process.My 1150 will go to my online library and I can download non drm books but none of the 140 books I have in my bookshelves at ebookwise,filiment,fictionwise show up in my on line library including the OEBFF books. They used to show up automatically. First my sony reader screen went out. Then my Gen 3 screen went out so I went back to my old reliables,1150, and palm e-2. Now my 1150 is giving me problems. My Karma is crap. Gonna change my name to JONAH and go to the bookstore and buy a book. (naturally the last page will be missing)HA HA????? Thanks for your help you guys and ladies at mobileread are the best. C.F.Tall
Old 05-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I reinstalled the librarian and tried to change the file path to "C:\eBookwise Librarian". as stated.Still get message"file path is not available. I even turned all my security off during this process.My 1150 will go to my online library and I can download non drm books but none of the 140 books I have in my bookshelves at ebookwise,filiment,fictionwise show up in my on line library including the OEBFF books. They used to show up automatically. First my sony reader screen went out. Then my Gen 3 screen went out so I went back to my old reliables,1150, and palm e-2. Now my 1150 is giving me problems. My Karma is crap. Gonna change my name to JONAH and go to the bookstore and buy a book. (naturally the last page will be missing)HA HA????? Thanks for your help you guys and ladies at mobileread are the best. C.F.Tall
Try making the folder yourself and then do the installation. That may solve the problem. Do you have another drive to install on?

Interesting that you can see your online bookshelf but not the purchased books. I suggest you contact eBookwise with this problem. I suspect it is unrelated to your Vista problem.

Dale
Old 09-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #15
Merlin777
Merlin777 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise 1150
Do we have any updates please to using the 1150 with Vista?
Thanks.
Merlin777 is offline   Reply With Quote