Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #76
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I suspect I can't buy any because I have 4 credits right now. Usually the deals on credits only show up when you get down to zero on your account.
Credit hoarder.

You can't have more than 6 credits in your account if it's the regular one-credit-a-month one, so buying 3 would put you over the limit. Makes sense that you wouldn't get the offer to buy credits in that case. I have one credit in my account at the moment.

Quote:
Might have to consider going ahead with the ones I have, then using the $20 to buy credits (if, that is, I can access the deal then). Other choice is to use $20 on a book and save credits (but, using it for credits is a better deal in the long run, as many 1 credit books are $20-$35 if paying for them otherwise).
You might only have to use up one credit to get the deal if the problem is credit limits, or they might be offering this only to people who haven't bought any credits previously, or with new accounts this year, or who knows.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #77
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Credit hoarder.

You can't have more than 6 credits in your account if it's the regular one-credit-a-month one, so buying 3 would put you over the limit. Makes sense that you wouldn't get the offer to buy credits in that case. I have one credit in my account at the moment.

You might only have to use up one credit to get the deal if the problem is credit limits, or they might be offering this only to people who haven't bought any credits previously, or with new accounts this year, or who knows.
Ah, yes, the 6 credit limit. I'll check again after I buy one.

I wasn't hoarding, not really -- but I was a judge for the Audies this year and somehow ended up WAY behind (a few good ones, but some truly awful ones, as well, in my category).

My biggest problem is choosing, though.....
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #78
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I have 8 credits waiting to be used (I can hoard up to 12) and I also didn't get the email. I think it is aimed more toward people who actually use their credits up.

(It seems that being a member gets you lots of deals that make the books *better* than the credit cost and I end up paying cash for the sale items and saving my credits. My wishlist has a couple of dozen books on it, so it's not like I don't have any ideas for what to use them on, but it feels like a better deal to get them at $4.95 or $7.95 and use the credits for normal member-priced items later. I'm not waiting for books to go on sale; I just haven't had a chance to listen to any since I signed up, even though I had more than enough time *before* I commited. I project that my time will free up over the summer and that I'll fly through my credits then.)
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #79
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Friendly Reminder - you have until this Thur 31 May 2012 to spend the $10 credit you received during April's Buy 4, Get $10 Audible promo.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible