Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
tryp
tryp began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kobo not syncing with Calibre

My original Kobo broke, so I replaced it with a touch. I set it up and went into Calibre and now I cannot transfer my library to the Kobo.

Calibre does the job and it says the books are transferred and when I eject the ereader it takes some time to "update" but I cannot see any of the books in my library. I've tried multiple times as well as transferring books in small batches (20 books) and doing a factory reset.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Furthermore, is there any way to change the home page from that annoying recommended books page to my library?
tryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What version of Calibre?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Sorry can't help with the calibre side of things but you can set the recommended to shortlist but not your whole library. The catch is you have to pick books to be in your shortlist from your library or it will just show blank covers. There's no way to get rid of the carousel entirely unless you install the plugin mentioned in threads here.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
tryp
tryp began at the beginning.

Device: none
It's Calibre 0.8.44.

I've managed to get a few books on by doing small batches but it still randomly doesn't load some of them.

Also the touch screen is super wonky. When I select "library" from the main menu it only works if I touch twice, but then the second touch carries over and it opens the first book in my library so I can't read any other book!

What is with you, Kobo?! I am brand loyal but this is just too much. This is worse than when I got my last Kobo WiFi and I had to send it back 3 times in 2 months because the screen kept breaking.

Just factory reset it for the 4th time so that I can load just the books I really need. Hopefully that will help.

Okay, so when I connect it up and select "open folder to view files" all my books appear on the ereader but when I go to read, they aren't in my library?!

Last edited by tryp; 03-24-2012 at 10:42 PM.
tryp is offline   Reply With Quote