Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
Cirvis
Cirvis began at the beginning.

Device: none
New user - two issues

Hello!
I just first started using Calibre. It seems to be a convenient for managing ebooks. However I am quite disappointed as I found that there are no options:
1) to keep my original directory tree (calibre creates its own folders, originally I have grouped my ebooks according to relevant subjects);
2) ebooks after adding to calibre become uncopressed (eg. a compressed pdf file is uncompressed by calibre).
Does anyone know how to make adjustments to calibre to fix these two issues?
Thank you

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 10-31-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: thread moved to appropriate section
Cirvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Re: #1 - You can't.

This comes up a lot. Per the link in WorldWalker's sig, please this thread for explanation.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85232

That said, I'm fairly confident that the majority of users who had a structure laid out on their own and then converted to Calibre are extremely happy they did so. Calibre works so well and the use of Tags for organization is awesome.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirvis View Post
However I am quite disappointed as I found that there are no options:
1) to keep my original directory tree (calibre creates its own folders, originally I have grouped my ebooks according to relevant subjects);
Make sure you are using 0.7.26 not 0.7.25. The latter had a bug that might remove source files when adding to calibre. That said, calibre doesn't alter your source files or source directory tree so you're welcome to keep those directories/files any way you please. They are not changed by calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:10 PM   #4
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Make sure you are using 0.7.26 not 0.7.25. The latter had a bug that might remove source files when adding to calibre. That said, calibre doesn't alter your source files or source directory tree so you're welcome to keep those directories/files any way you please. They are not changed by calibre.
I didn't encounter that one, but did find that 0.7.25 didn't seem to deal well with attempts to serve up books to Stanza. 0.7.26 works (well, for values that include having to go one-by-one-by-one, which is a pain when you have nearly 100 to import).
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
Cirvis
Cirvis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the explanation. However unzipping the existing ebooks does not seems to be OK!
Regards
Cirvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert