Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Wall chargers

My mother isn't happy with the lack of a wall charger. I posted at Teleread about this and someone suggested a 'USB to wall' charger. My contact at Kobo confirmed that this device should work fine with the Kobo and that Blackberry (among others) has them. He said I could get one at The Source for about $20. Has anyone tried such a thing? I want to be sure it will work before I sic it on Mom the tech-phobe
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I had such chargers come with my Cybook and EZReader, as well as a couple of other gadgets (my Palm Pre, my Bluetooth headphones and my Jawbone). I also bought one for my sister to use with her Sansa Clip mp3 player. I think I got it from Amazon for a few dollars. Seriously, $20 is a lot! I mix and match them all the time, except for the Pre, as I was told that was not a good idea. I use the Pre charger for other stuff, though.

ETA: Here is the charger.

Last edited by MaggieScratch; 05-18-2010 at 05:51 PM.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I am using one that I picked up at Canada Computers; it's more than I really wanted, but it gets the job done.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...item_id=018619
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
Dinodoc
Dinodoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I used a simple usb cable to a usb/ac adapter last night and it charged fine.

I was reading in bed and battery died, I didn't feel like coming out to living room to plug into my computer to charge, but wanted it charged to read today, so I just plugged it into my usb cable i had plugged in there to charge my phone.

All you need is the ac adaptor then you can just plug the usb cable into it.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/travelpower/9124/

Something like that can work, I think I got mine at an electronics surplus store here in Toronto for about 3$
Dinodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
baker
baker began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi, itouch 4th gen, Sony S tab
Check that you don't have a cell phone with a mini-usb wallcharger. My motorola wall charger works fine....I haven't used it yet but my phone charger for the car has the connection so the Kobo could charged in my car as well.
baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
dwprice
dwprice doesn't litterdwprice doesn't litter

Device: kobo
I bought a compact USB charger at The Source for $17.50. It charges two devices at the same time.

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/produ...roduct=1411926

If the cheap ones work, great. I hope they are UL/CSA approved.
dwprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
leighisme
Connoisseur
leighisme began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPhone 4, iPad2
I use my iPhone charger and it works great. It takes the same amount of time to charge as my computer.
leighisme is offline   Reply With Quote