Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
Pyewacket
Pyewacket began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Problems with Metadata and Kindle 2 on Mac OS

From version 0.6.35 I was suffering some problems:

- I can not send AZW book names to my Kindle (and sometimes MOBIs) in later versions. Kindle displays file name as book name even when metadata is correct in Calibre. For instance:
Calibre Metadata book name: "Alvin el aprendiz"
Kindle book name once sent: "Alvin Maker 3 - Orson Scott Card"
This is very annoying and I had to return to 0.6.34, last version thats works fine for me (I never had that problem in earlier versions).
Fortunately I have Time Machine to solve it but it is frustrating.

- Even in earlier versions there are some accents problems: if you are typing any metadata and try to insert an accent you will receive same letter with and without accent. Fore instance "Leíido" instead of "Leído". This is just a minor problem because you can just go back and delete.
Pyewacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewacket View Post
From version 0.6.35 I was suffering some problems:

- I can not send AZW book names to my Kindle (and sometimes MOBIs) in later versions. Kindle displays file name as book name even when metadata is correct in Calibre. For instance:
Calibre Metadata book name: "Alvin el aprendiz"
Kindle book name once sent: "Alvin Maker 3 - Orson Scott Card"
This is very annoying and I had to return to 0.6.34, last version thats works fine for me (I never had that problem in earlier versions).
Fortunately I have Time Machine to solve it but it is frustrating.

- Even in earlier versions there are some accents problems: if you are typing any metadata and try to insert an accent you will receive same letter with and without accent. Fore instance "Leíido" instead of "Leído". This is just a minor problem because you can just go back and delete.
Have you tried this with 0.6.37? There was a change in the way that metadata was written in this version.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
Pyewacket
Pyewacket began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Yes I did.
And maybe that change is the problem.
With 0.6.37 I have accent and book names problem.
Pyewacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:14 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I've confirmed the problem you describe and submitted a patch, fixed in upcoming release.

The problem you describe with double character entry after inserting an accented character should be reported as a bug. Please file a bug report ticket at calibre's project management site.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 02-07-2010 at 06:31 AM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote