Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
Glendower
Glendower began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Problems transferring from Digital Editions

Hi, I swapped laptop, installed Digital Editions and having bought 3 ebooks from Waterstones, get the following error message when I try to move the books to the Sony PRS 505 " 1 file(s) unable to be copied. No permission to copy document here" Adobe refer me to Sony who refer me to Adode ..Waterstones were equally helpful...any one got any ideas??
Glendower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Have you authorized the new copy of DE on your laptop? I would delete the books from DE, click on the little arrow next to "Library" and "authorize this computer". Then redownload the books. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

The only other issue that I can think of is that Waterstones has somehow captured and is using the PID of your old computer and you will need to register the new one with them.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
Glendower

Thanks, yes I did authorise the computer!!! I didn't get any help from Waterstones at all...they kept pointing me at Adobe and Sony....
Old 06-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I think you might need to also authorize your 505.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendower;
Thanks, yes I did authorise the computer!!! I didn't get any help from Waterstones at all...they kept pointing me at Adobe and Sony....
Did you authorise new computer to the same account (user id) as the previous one? and as said above have you also authorised the 505?
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
Glendower

problems transferring ebooks from DE to PRS 505

Guys, there is a thread on Adobe Forums that tackles the exact problem ...something to do with initial registration which locks the DEdition to one laptop, you need to "reset" the log in parameters, if anyone wants the link here's the url
forums.adobe.com/thread/434496

Thanks for your help..